Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sick of the PED talk. JMM win shouldn't be tarnished with Ped speculations. It was the perfect punch. One that you dont see. The perfect set up. Short punch thrown with everything in it! ALL in ALL it was a great suspenseful fight. I knew somebody was getting KOd....when and who was a mystery ! This is why i love boxing. Great fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Pretty shocking, Manny was bossing the round and just walked into a shot he didn't see. Very similar to the shot that he used to starch Hatton only Hatton was hopelessly outmatched in that fight, in this one it was fairly even.
      Aye.

It wasn't like Pac was stinking up the joint. He had JMM pretty busted up, and I had Pac up on my score card I believe, even with the 10-8 3rd round.

But man, what a punch...

Comment

• I don't think either fighter wanted the fight to go to the judges, so a KO was inevitable. I was surprised the fight ended so soon. I kind of cheated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          We was telling them, big homie.

They just wouldn't listen.
          Damn skippy Mac-Town Pea. The smell of a JMM KO was in the air.

That 1st KD had me like whoa.........nice overhand right. Mrs. Chief was talkin bout JMM wasnt gon make it out the round in the 5th. I told her he gon make it out the round fa sho. Then the gotdamn sonicBOOM landed on Pacs chin. I jumped up and said "Game Over"........"He aint gettin up, he was sleep before he hit the canvas, Pac just got spray'd with a heavy dose of Naptime."

And just so all can see how effective this stuff is. I have gladly posted a video to further illustrate its supreme stopping power.

Comment

• rofl:

Went over to my buddies house from work to watch on his new gigantor super duper T.V.

Could have seen the fight from the block over.

A couple of the women that were watching the fight thought Pac was killed from the punch.

It was like watching them at a horror movie, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              as i did when pacquiao stretched hatton, i wanted to make sure that pacquiao was OK upon seeing the knockout. he was face down and unconscious, and he wasn't moving. scary stuff. if you're inquiring about my immediate reaction, that was it. shortly thereafter i uttered something along the lines of "wow," or "oh my gosh," loud enough to likely wake my neighbors. then my phone started to blow up with text messages from people who know about my involvement with boxing.

i texted "right in front of mitt romney," to my father, who is in his mid sixties.

pacquiao was very clearly on the downside. i scored the bradley fight for pacquiao, but he wasn't putting it together for 3 minutes of each round, and even when he was giving it 100% it was clear that he had lost some of his speed. last night removed any need to speculate. his resistance to punches was pretty awful. in his prime he ate flush bombs from much better punchers than marquez. credit goes to marquez for timing the perfect right hand shot twice, but there was clearly deterioration in pacquiao.

pacquiao's hands still moved fast last night. his feet didn't look awful, but they weren't working in unison with his hands the way they usually do.

mentally he was still a warrior. a guy with a drive like that will put 110% into whatever he does. usually a shot fighter loses his confidence. manny will always have that. that's why he could still pull the trigger while still having diminished physical skills.

i want manny to retire. he's got so much else going on outside of boxing. that guy could be president of a major country FFS. you don't need to be getting knocked out cold.

marquez is in an odd spot. where does he go? he doesn't want to go backwards. he just knocked manny pacquiao out cold. if he fights, it's going to be with the intent to make HUGE money. we very well may see marquez and mayweather 2, which i don't want to see. if arum has a rematch clause, or he has marquez tied up for his next fight, we won't see mayweather 2. otherwise, that's my guess.

we'll see what arum could afford to pay marquez for fighting rios. i don't think it would be nearly enough, but the man is going to command money now as the A side of a card after knocking manny out cold with a highlight reel right hand.

i STILL don't believe what i saw. it's the end of an era.
              good post..well said..pac's time is at a close..it showed in the bradley fight and now this. donaire and viloria are two guys who are good replacements as the next big filipino boxers..to carry the torch.

Comment

• See what happens when you stop drinking, gambling and chasing women?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  I was surprised that both were SO hungry.
                  I think Marquez was hungry (for understandable reasons) and when you have somebody hungry coming at you, you have to respond in kind.

He didn't look that hungry in the Bradley fight. He needs someone to bring it out of him nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM-Retard Karma Message
                    Ha pretending like you talk boxing you daft ****. did you copy-paste that comment like a plonker
                    What a ****. Instead of discussing boxing he's decided to be a bitter little moron instead. Awwww.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
                      I think Marquez was hungry (for understandable reasons) and when you have somebody hungry coming at you, you have to respond in kind.

He didn't look that hungry in the Bradley fight. He needs someone to bring it out of him nowadays.
                      Thats exactly what i mean, in the Bradley fight he didnt look like he wanted it, but against JMM he was going all out, so much that he got caught

Comment

Working...
                      X