No announcement yet.

Imagine Edwin Valero vs. Adrien Broner 2 135lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    What? people who murder there wife then commit suicide rather than face justice for the crime deserve respect? are you serious.

He doesn't deserve any respect whatsoever.
    broner has his hair combed before he fights, even though it is already combed at that. no respect for that, damn fool he is.

Comment

I think it's funny to say Valero had no one punch power considering almost all of his wins were in the early rounds and almost every stoppage began off of badly hurting them with... get this... one punch. He wasn't getting Joe Calzaghe stoppages, people. He was landing that one clean shot and finishing them off with a barrage. He laid a few guys out cold, too.

Also, his competition wasn't THAT bad. Look at Tyrone Brunson and compare records. I don't think Brunson fought a single guy coming off of a win during his KO streak. THOSE are bums. It's a bit of hyperbole to say Valero was beating up bums. Valero was fighting the same guys that most anybody fights at the same level of experience. It has to say SOMEthing about him in that he ran a perfect KO record (especially the first round stoppages) against not bums but regular early career competition. Personally I don't just judge that a guy isn't fighting HOFers in their debut but rather the level of experience, the streak they're running prior to the fight, and how well the prospect won the fights. Valero fought some guys with a lot of experience, a few guys with winning records, and of course easily destroyed them. You have to be something better than average to do what he did. If not then wouldn't everybody have perfect KO1 records leading up to their first tough fight? The point is that it wasn't until he fought a world champion that anybody could even be competitive and then nobody was competitive again.

People throw that 'who has he fought?' stuff out at everybody like everybody has to be Kostya Tszyu or Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

As we saw in the robbery vs Daniel Ponce De Leon, Adrien Broner can not handle anything over a C+/low B fighter. I think that Valero would knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
          You didnt know him, none of you did. He was 27-0 with 27 KO's, that's how ill remember him....undefeated.
          Are you seriously disputing he was a nut job who killed his wife?

Anyway I'm picking Valero via KO, that's only because I haven't seen much from Boner - he needs more real fights. Please don't spout BS that he was going to be an ATG, we will never know.
          Last edited by Phil Ivey; 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X