Abdul Jabbar's letter to Pippen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    we didn't win more because of him.

only a laker fan would make a complaint like that.

"what do you mean only three championships? get the **** outta my sight! you disgust me!"

Comment

Originally posted by TETRAGRAMMATRON View Post
      only a laker fan would make a complaint like that.

"what do you mean only three championships? get the **** outta my sight! you disgust me!"
      should have won at least 5.

but no..... fat ass was always out of shape and his stupid "i got hurt on company time , i'm gonna heal on company time" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        In todays NBA Shaq, Hakeem > Wilt.
        We don't know how great Wilt would be in todays game with the technology, nutrition and training that athletes get today.

I think it's unfair to think he is less of a player than either Shaq or Hakeem

BUT

I also think Shaq or Hakeem playing in those days would have similar numbers. It's all about perspective and comparing eras.

Comment

I was with Kareem until he said "there were only 8 teams. Every team had the opportunity to amass a solid nucleus. Only the cream of the basketball world got to play then."

I don't care if there were only 2 teams back then. Players were NOT better back then as they are now or in the 90's.

Someone in this thread said that he was scoring against 6'8 centers. Heck, i think he was being generous. There were actually a couple 6'4-5 centers back then too. Bill Russell who was considered a dominant defensive center, was like 6'9 210 lbs. Some shooting guards nowadays would be able to post up that frame.

Just based on numbers and pure dominance over the competition, Wilt can be considered the greatest scorer of all-time.... if thats how you judge greatness. There are many ways to judge players in an all-time stand point. You can also compare them to their competition. YOu can even say that Lebron has better defenses and compeition than Jordan had to deal with and therefore that makes him a better scorer. Or you can just base it on numbers, and say Jordan was the better scorer.

Personally, I think there should always be 2 types of rankings and both rankings should have equal consideration. Thats the only way to have a fair discussion and put players in their rightful place.
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 06-01-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X