No announcement yet.

Duva: Rigondeaux hand not broken, really nasty bruise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Why do you ignore the facts? Rigo beat the next pacquiao, bob ****s on him in the interviews cuz of that fight, the journalist write what bob says, the fans hear it then run with it & the promoters don't want to do business with Rigo cuz they fear a loss. He got offered by bob to fight at a weight he doesn't want remember he wanted 124 not 126 but bob refused & refused to pay him he tries again to meet in the middle bob refused again so he gives everything up & agrees to what bob wants & look where it got him. Just a bit more money that's it. All you are doing is trying to shift the blame when we ALL know what happened. don king I mean bob arum happened....

So it was bob who signed him to Caribe? Is Arum the only promoter. Again if Arum was the problem how come his career turned even worse after he left Arum...he left bob and made even less money so again..if Arum was the problem then explain to me what happened to his career after that...without arum in the picture to blame..

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Why did he have to leave Top Rank? The donaire/Rigo fight had over 1 mil viewers. Now language is an issue but why wouldn't you follow that up with a big name/popular opponent? Why would anyone think Rigo was boring after that performance?

Yes, his new promoter is problematic.

You are oversimplifying what happened when the fight was initially discussed.

I don't know how you see me blaming anyone else but Rigo. I am just pointing out the problem I have with how he was treated. In no way does that absolve him for bad decisions he made.

I criticized your blaming on Arum because quite frankly it's the easiest explanation for Rigo's stalled career. Look at the whole picture. How long was he off top rank and what did he do with that freedom? I get people don't like Arum but blaming him for the past few years of Rigo's career is just flat out unfair. Arum is a snake but this cat signed up with a company literally throwing money at the sport and couldn't do anything with it. Who handles that for him? Caribe, so if in a win-win situation they couldn't pull it off was Arum always the problem? I don' think so cuz.

Rigo could've been something special, feel free to look up my posts from years ago on him. I even criticize him back then for not showing up in public outside of having a fight. He didn't help his own cause, never actually did.
      How are you one of the top five best athletes in a sport and refuse to do anything public outside of fighting? Rigo like many lesser talented men don't know how to play the game and seem to flat our refuse to play the game. The reality is you can't make a gazillion dollars in this sport without being a public figure. The reality is you can't do insane numbers in this sport hiding by your pool side between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        So it was bob who signed him to Caribe? Is Arum the only promoter. Again if Arum was the problem how come his career turned even worse after he left Arum...he left bob and made even less money so again..if Arum was the problem then explain to me what happened to his career after that...without arum in the picture to blame..
        Cuz the **** bob was sayin after the donaire fight, he said it was a **** fight & boring. What did you hear after that? You heard it FROM: espn & a lot of the fans. Do you think that Rigo/donaire fight was **** & boring?? No! Next thing you know nobody wants to fight Rigo so Rigo has to move up two weight divisions to fight loma. The dude rigo fought before loma didn't even want to fight Rigo he FLOPPED in boxing! LMMFAO! This aint basketball!

Its kind of like a Dr. finding a cure for cancer & aids but he gets shunned from the medical field..............Rigo got shunned in boxing....& for the record rigo didn't put any effort in this fight, I think it was the only time he ever looked "boring."
        Last edited by j.razor; 12-13-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          Boring is a relative term. Much more boxing fans find him boring than exciting. And if the majority find him boring, then they're not paying to watch him.
          Truth is that after bob started that "boring" talk espn fat rafael wrote about it just like that. Then people repeat the same thing when in fact it wasn't in their minds in the 1st place. Do you think the Rigo/donaire fight was "****" or "boring" like bob, espn & the fans says it was?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            you should just quit like Rigo
            Truth hurts you I see....

Comment

Footage of the bruise:

Comment

Truth is that after bob started that "boring" talk espn fat rafael wrote about it just like that. Then people repeat the same thing when in fact it wasn't in their minds in the 1st place. Do you think the Rigo/donaire fight was "****" or "boring" like bob, espn & the fans says it was?
                People thought he was boring before the Donaire fight. Most of the guys I know didn't like him during those Pacquiao undercards. It only became more apparent because he was the main event of an HBO fight and even many people thought that fight was underwhelming in terms of entertainment. Even Freddie Roach, who thinks he's one of the best fighters he's ever trained, is boring.

Comment

Truth hurts you I see....
                  im not hurt...you're the one swinging your purse at everyone in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Footage of the bruise:
                    I don't doubt he was injured. But it doesn't change that he didn't fight through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                      I don't doubt he was injured. But it doesn't change that he didn't fight through it.
                      I agree 100 %

Comment

Working...
                      X