View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 11:37 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3695 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,548,713.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadman View Post
Hi all, thanks for the advice! Unfortunately didn't manage to win the fight, but that was more down to some very chaotic elements in the chess (that neither of us really foresaw) than the boxing - the ref trains both of us, and he had me winning every round. I'd been ahead in the chess for most of the game, but my opponent's a strong player, we play a lot. Slightly more annoyed with not having the stamina to follow through when I hurt him - which was a few times, although difficult to tell with the 16oz padded gloves. Having said that I've only been at this for 6 months, I'm probably 15lbs off my true fighting weight and my although my opponent's flabby, he's built like Chagaev underneath it, so he's probably 1 or 2 weight classes above in real terms.

I cringe to link footage when I'm such a rudimentary amateur, but I'm pretty heartened by the fight - as much as you can be by a loss - because at the end of the day I think I'd beat him 70/30. Thanks for all the help, any further feedback would be invaluable!

[Fight is the first link listed & first fight of the card - I'm the ginger guy]

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
When is the next one lined up?
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote