No announcement yet.

Furys new power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Fury would be a lot more powerful if he planted and threw his all into his punches. That's not his style, but he CAN crack.

I never said he was more powerful than before, that IS bull****. I just said he was never the feather fisted boxer that people say he is.
    If you have power, you have power whether you plant your feet or not 'But yes I agree? Fury is not feather fisted, he just does not have super-heavyweight power'.

Still a good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Fury used to put more power into his punches early in his career, and he got away with it most of the time. But he got hurt in the first fight against McDermott, knocked down by Cunningham, and staggered several times by faster fighters.

He'll never load up his swings against Wilder because he fears the speed and power of Wilder's countershots.
      Spot on, early in his career he planted his feet more. I started seeing a change in his style around the cunningham fight. He started boxing a lot more. I think he learnt a lot from that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        How can you tell? His opponent was clueless and probably took a hundred punches before he went down.
        Yeah, Fury has some pop if he sits down and throws properly - you don't get hit in the face by a 263lb man and laugh it off - but I wasn't that impressed tonight.

It made for a decent showcase (though he did get clipped a couple of times) but that guy shouldn't have been in the ring with Fury.

And yet he's describing Dillian Whyte as a "gym sweeper".

I'm a BIG Tyson Fury fan, I think he's hilarious, but overmatched opponents like this, I feel a bit sickened. It was just a "showcase", nothing more.

Comment

The PED is working wonders.

But it's pretty difficult to tell when you're a fighting a tomato can that's ranked 59th in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow View Post
            Nah this fight was a joke. Obviously to hype up the UK fans cuz their golden goose Joshua lost. Fk Fury I hope Wilder destroys him in the rematch.
            You got it spot on there.

Nothing hypes up UK fans (all of them - they're a hive mind) than having someone fight at 3am in the morning UK time.

And don't even mention The Batty Windmiller... why does Fury need "hype" when he's already beaten Wilder at 70%?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              Pulev is getting it next.
              I doubt it, sadly. Tom Schwartz II and III will be more likely.

I love Fury, but he can't keep doing this.

It's also clear that several commentators only know Fury from since he came "to da state's".

Fury was knocked down before he met Steve Cunningham. He also showed power in earlier fights when he committed. It's no good watching 20% of someone's career and thinking that gives the overall picture.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                Yeah, Fury has some pop if he sits down and throws properly - you don't get hit in the face by a 263lb man and laugh it off - but I wasn't that impressed tonight.

It made for a decent showcase (though he did get clipped a couple of times) but that guy shouldn't have been in the ring with Fury.

And yet he's describing Dillian Whyte as a "gym sweeper".

I'm a BIG Tyson Fury fan, I think he's hilarious, but overmatched opponents like this, I feel a bit sickened. It was just a "showcase", nothing more.
                Well said. Everyone, I mean everyone, has fights like these, and there's a couple ways to play it. You can get your business done and consider it a "keep busy", or you can turn it into a godamn ritual sacrifice, which is what we saw tonight. I've no problem with Fury's performance. But, the whole event just felt so ugly and disingenuous. He might as well have got in there and ripped the head off of a live chicken in front of a roaring crowd. That's what they made it feel like.

Comment

Well said. Everyone, I mean everyone, has fights like these, and there's a couple ways to play it. You can get your business done and consider it a "keep busy", or you can turn it into a godamn ritual sacrifice, which is what we saw tonight. I've no problem with Fury's performance. But, the whole event just felt so ugly and disingenuous. He might as well have got in there and ripped the head off of a live chicken in front of a roaring crowd. That's what they made it feel like.
                  He's the lineal heavyweight champion though, I don't know if you're aware of that.

Comment

Lol he used to have way more tkos when he fought like a brawler, no point in fighting like a brawler against top competition though, so you commit to your shots more against Lowe opposition and put more power into your shots as their is much less risk of being chinned by some ranked 34579 in the world

Comment

Only just watched the fight, it was a joke as expected meant to fool the gullible US public against a nobody (albeit carrying the 'mythical' undefeated banner).

AJ and Wilder get criticised for fighting better opposition than Schwarz is.

Comment

Working...
                      X