Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like golovkin but why fight a guy with 2 consecutive losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    From Martinez-Quillin, no top fighters want it. What's he supposed to do??
    Martinez already has a fight lined up, is also a top 3 p4p fighter. 3G hasn't done anything to say Martinez is ducking him....all the guys Martinez has fought are all more accomplished than 3G.

Rosado and Ishida alone have like 13 losses between them or something. It takes the combined records of Sergio's last 9 opponents to get 13 losses......see my point?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Stop telling yourself that lie.
      Ok, Frank Nuggets. Please enlighten me. Which top 10 guy is willing to fight GG?

Comment

Golovkin is the opposite of a guy like Mayweather. The hype is so strong and is fan base so psyched that he could fight pretty much anybody and get a free pass for it. People will blame other fighter and say they are scared, or say it's a stay busy fight, or a tune-up fight, etc...

He's a really good fighter imo, but I'll wait to see him against a legit fighter before hyping him like some others do

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          Golovkin is the opposite of a guy like Mayweather. The hype is so strong and is fan base so psyched that he could fight pretty much anybody and get a free pass for it. People will blame other fighter and say they are scared, or say it's a stay busy fight, or a tune-up fight, etc...

He's a really good fighter imo, but I'll wait to see him against a legit fighter before hyping him like some others do
          and this is really the point. so instead of excusing a stay busy fight, esp when he just had a stay busy fight against another career 154lber, say its a **** fight and say u wanna see him in with a live dog. thats just my opinion on the matter. call a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            i wouldnt go that far. but i wll say this, i do not believe in any fighters who wait til 30 to fight a world class opponent.
            You don't even know what you're talking about. Golovkin got dicked around and wasted at least two years as a mandatory to Felix Sturm. His old promotional company who promoted Sturm at the time did everything in their power to keep Golovkin on the sidelines.

So he's certainly tried to step up multiple times over the years.

Maybe you'd prefer him to sit out and not fight anyone until his HBO date but if he wants a stay busy fight before then that's fine by me.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 02-08-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              guys 30 years old, his best win is a washed ouma, just fought what should be a stay busy fight, is fighting ishida, whos not really a mw and has done absolutely nothin of note lately...whats there to hate???its a stay busy fight, cries the masses. shrugs...meanwhile a guy like broner, much better resume than said 30 yo at the age of 23, fights and dominates demarco, tries to make a fight with a guy like burns, burns turns down said fight, broner proceeds to fight gavin rees, whos been on a roll and is a natural 135 lber...oh yea lets hate that guy, the fight is trash horrible fight!!! lol...that nsb's logic for u. its so ass backwards as to be ridiculous.
              Its a stay busy fight for a June HBO date that he has scheduled, off of HBO and not even on American TV. None of the top middleweights want to fight him, so he has to settle. Thing with Broner is he chose Gavin, this "natural" 4'5 LW, whose been on a bum roll as an HBO fight, this isnt a stay busy fight. Both fights suck

Understand the meaning of "stay busy fight", otherwise stop crying. Its either he fights somebody or sits and wait for his date in June

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                Ok, Frank Nuggets. Please enlighten me. Which top 10 guy is willing to fight GG?
                If you notice I didn't even respond. Arguing with walls is just not my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Yes. He's waited to fight an elite opponent. lol. He's never tried before.

You called it. You're Rollin.....
                  What? He's been trying to fight Sturm for years and been getting fcuk over as his mando and had Sturm running and paying to not fight him

Comment

Not taking any HBO/SHO dates..... I preferred Adama and thought he deserved props for taking him on as a stay busy fight but this I don't have a problem with for said reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post

So why doesnt anyone step up at MW and fight him?

When you have the entire division avoiding you, its a different type of hype

Comment

Working...
                      X