No announcement yet.

Manny's Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    I would say, the most drastic improvement in terms of footwork was in the DLH fight. For the Marquez fights I figured his game plan was just to pressure, but I think now he's matured into a more complete fighter.

I think it's his huge calves that allow him to change angles so quick and abrupt, his opponent has no time to react.
    maybe.

against similar sized opponents at 122-130 , they wanted to engage more because it'll be to pacquiao's advantage but at 135 and up they want him to move more so they worked on it?

Comment

plain and simple, hatton couldnt deal with pac because he was an outclassed fighter who couldnt comprehend bombs coming at such a high rate from both hands...

de la hoya was a decrepit, dehydrated version of the artist formally known as oscar de la hoya, who would have hammered pac in his prime...

not taking anything way from pac...he certainly impressed me in those wins...his footwork did look a lot better that it did in the marquez and morales fights...

but pac hasnt been "in trouble" in quite some time now...thats when your footwork really comes into play...just another reason im interested in this cotto fight...

its certainly pacs toughest fight to date, and if he shows great footwork in this one i will give him credit where credit is due...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
        maybe.

against similar sized opponents at 122-130 , they wanted to engage more because it'll be to pacquiao's advantage but at 135 and up they want him to move more so they worked on it?
        I don't think Roach believes in Pac's chin in the heigher weight classes. They must have conditioned him to be a mobile fighter in order to minimize the shots he takes.

Comment

in oscar fight when we only see pac's beautiful foot work

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapito View Post
            Yea, I hadnt notice that beautiful sliding as much till the Oscar fight, almost seemed like he was floating in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              I don't think Roach believes in Pac's chin in the heigher weight classes. They must have conditioned him to be a mobile fighter in order to minimize the shots he takes.
              dude has a solid chin...hes taken more bombs to the chin than hed be willing to admit...theres 5 moralez-marques fights in which his face got hammered...

and all boxers are conditioned to be mobile in order to minimize taking shots...thats kind of the name of the game...

Comment

Footwork in slow-mo

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapito View Post
                  Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  Yea, I hadnt notice that beautiful sliding as much till the Oscar fight, almost seemed like he was floating in there.
                  plain and simple, pac fights on his toes, and he doesnt space he feet properly...

its not a bad thing per se, because hes not a fighter who relies on the jab...for example, floyd does rely on the jab and his footwork is phenomenal...

thats just pacs style...always will be...granted, roach has improved certain bad tendencies, but his fighter is still his fighter...if pac beats you, its going to be with his hands, not his feet...thats what people love about him...

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                    did you just watch that fight again and made this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by str8balln View Post
                      Footwork in slow-mo
                      nice video

Comment

Working...
                      X