No announcement yet.

Golden Boy/Top Rank to go head to head, Jan. 19th in NYC on Showtime/HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy/Top Rank to go head to head, Jan. 19th in NYC on Showtime/HBO

Top Rank having an event January 19th at Madison Square Garden on HBO.
    Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido.

Golden Boy having and event January 19th at Barclays Center on Showtime.
    Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah.

I am blaming Top Rank for this no reason to have this event on the East Coast between two Mexican fighters go to California, Texas, or Vegas come on.

THIS COLD WAR IS KILLING BOXING

i heard that NSAC will deny one fight because they don't want two big fights on the same night

Comment

Again? When will these guys learn to come together for the greater boxing good?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        Top Rank having an event January 19th at Madison Square Garden on HBO.
        Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido.

Golden Boy having and event January 19th at Barclays Center on Showtime.
        Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah.

I am blaming Top Rank for this no reason to have this event on the East Coast between two Mexican fighters go to California, Texas, or Vegas come on.

THIS COLD WAR IS KILLING BOXING
        GGG will most likely be on the Top Rank event so I would probably tune in into that fight unless it's happening at the same time as the Quillin fight.

Comment

Chavez Jr.-Martinez and Canelo-Lopez would have that much bigger if they stood alone. Great night for the sport, that could've been two great nights. I'll watch both, but some won't.

Comment

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
            Again? When will these guys learn to come together for the greater boxing good?

could not have said it better. I will watch both events just one live and the other on dvr and all this counter programming is nuts and the networks are more to blame than the promoters who are the ones investing millions of dollars on these events.

Comment

don't know what everybody is complaining about, this is what DVR is for

Comment

I have a DVR so bring it on. Plus GBP said its going to be a 3 fight card. Im excited! Why complaints?

Comment

I'm always going to tune in to the Showtime card cuz that's the channel I have, unless the Showtime card is really bad.

IDGAF at this point, the promoters/networks are only hurting themselves when they go H2H cuz they're making us choose, therefore splitting up the audience.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    don't know what everybody is complaining about, this is what DVR is for
                    why go head to head though when there are multiple free weekends of boxing programming? At the same time though the amount of quality televised Boxing is at an all-time high there are good fights and sometimes more than one every weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X