Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wladimir Klitschko have to change his usual style against Wach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Wach doesn't fight to his full height. He kinda hunches over. Wlad might look taller in the ring.
    You're right. I just checked a few minutes of his fight against Tye Fields.

He seems to suffer from gigantism, hence his deformed looking chin and the naturally sloppy physique. Can't hold a candle to Wlad's talents and athleticism. But all it takes is a lucky punch going in somewhere in there. That's what I'm worried about.

Wlad better be on his toes for this one. Or dispose of him early and energy won't even be an issue. Simply pawing at him like he did Ibragimov, while standing all tall, won't be as effective round by round. If we're talking about winning rounds.

Usually after 5 rounds, it's clear that the smaller opponent is flustered and can't penetrate Wlad's chin. Not with Wach, even if he is slow and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Look at the way Wlad is preparing for this fight, in this video:

No head movement, just straight punches. He seems to preparing just like he does for all the other smaller opponents. Standard procedure as if to say, "Just another day at the office", "nothing to see here folks".

Unless he is secretly working on a Floyd-esque shoulder roll, his defense looks weak in terms of facing a taller guy. I'm assuming that the punches coming from Wach will be on his eye level. So a straight punch from Wach will travel straight towards his chin. You can't simply back out the way or evade it with a pawing jab. He would have to slip and duck under those punches, I'm presuming. Or maybe Wach just sucks that badly that it won't matter.

Or maybe Wlad is like Cotto. Cotto looks slow as **** during training camp footage, but seems to pick up the pace in actual fights.

i expect wladimir to dictate the nature of the exchanges by starting them off with his own jab. wach's going to look very slow in there. wladimir will be long enough and fast enough to win the jabbing contest, even if he's up against a slightly longer / taller guy. and i'm not sure on wach's reach. wladimir's got great extension on his jab.

Comment

he might not be able to hold as much against a tall guy
        aside from sheer size, don't think Wach brings anything to bother him
        he'll still be on point with his jab and power right hand
        fight will probably be horrible to watch

Comment

Unless Wvlad get him out of there early with a huge right hand I think this one might become ugly and look like two clumsy oafs unable to fight properly. Thats the risk Wvlad takes. His rep would plummet if he allows this to go for 5 or 6 and the giant Wach is still hanging around stubbornly tying him up and making it a wrestling match.

Wvlad has to keep it long and not tie up like he usually does so thats a pretty big change to his usual style. We'll see if he can adjust.

Comment

Wach doesn't use his size well and is as slow as a tortoise on valium.

Comment

Working...
            X