Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me why a well done steak is considered a waste?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either everybody here eats medium rare or just most of the "well done" posters are replying

Nobody i have ever eaten with have ordered a medium-rare anything

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Either everybody here eats medium rare or just most of the "well done" posters are replying

Nobody i have ever eaten with have ordered a medium-rare anything
      Barbarians.

Comment

Comment

Medium rare. Meat is tender and juicy and it's not dried out and tough.

Comment

how about eating them while they are alive. and you can hear their sufferings while chewing their meat. thats gangsta

Comment

Nothing like chewing on a piece of bloody, medium rare steak.

Comment

I almost never eat meat anymore...but when you lessen the moisture in it you also lessen your ability to metabolize it...very well done meat pretty much kills all the nutritional value from it as well as the flavour. The human body is 70% moisture as is raw beef...and the closer to raw you eat it the higher it's nutritional value. Ideally you should just braze the exterior to kill the bacteria and eat it as rare/unprocessed as possible. I find it also tastes best this way although it has to be a tender aged cut.

Comment

Overdone steak loses all it's flavor and juices as well as most of the nutrients. But these days a well done steak also is safer due to bacteria and other problems the meat industry has encountered trying to feed millions of people. But either way I want my steak medium rare!

Comment

Working...
                  X