Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest knockouts.

Tell me your greatest knockout monent.

Hearns KO Duran.

First boxing memory when i was about 4 or 5 years old. My dad must have watched the replay 10 times.

And holy ****ing ****...wat a punch.

Comment

Tyson vs. Johnson

The poor guy (Johnson) goes down once from a body shot. The referee asks him if he's okay, and reluctantly he replies, "..yes." You could read it all over his face. He wasn't thinking, "yes," he was thinking, "I have to deal with punches like that for another 7 rounds?! Aw nuts!"

Tyson then proceeded to deliver a right cross that broke Johnson's jaw before he even got his gloves back up.

Comment

In terms of brutality, the two above mentioned, or Foreman vs. Roman.

In terms of beauty, Louis-Schmeling II (the last one), Ali-Williams (the five punch one that looks perfect), or Walcott-Charles.

Frazier's knockdown on Ali or Robinson's knockdown on Fullmer are the closest things to perfection.

Comment

Ah, and of course, in terms of brutality, Marciano-Walcott I.

Comment

Jack Dempseys destruction of Jess Willard. And no I don't think Dempsey used plaster of paris in his gloves. Those would surely break his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
              Ah, and of course, in terms of brutality, Marciano-Walcott I.
              Ever seen Dempsey knocking out Jess Willard? That's some brutal ****. He should have been counted out in the first round.

Edit: I didn't notice the dude who beat me to it.

Comment

Dempsey's KO of Willard in 3. Definetly one of the most brutal fight of all time. Dempsey was a savage beast in the ring.

Comment

Willard's face after the fight is the worst thing I've ever seen. Not to mention his 3 broken ribs.

Comment

the tyson/johnson fight ain't **** compared with the beating willard took against dempsey. and take a look at jack johnson's ko of stanley ketchel. not only was ketchel unconscious before hitting the ground, he had all of his front teeth broken off at the roots and imbedded in jack's glove. f'ing brutal.

now, if you're talking great fights that ended in ko's, one that comes to mind is marciano/walcott were walcott floored rocky early and was fairly comfortably ahead on the cards going into the 13th round - only had 2 rounds left to seal up the victory - then marciano blasts my man joe with a well placed shot that ended with walcott draped in a corner completely out of it.

ebo elder vs courtney burton was a classic newer fight that was a tossup untill that ****er ebo caught burton a few times in the 12th round to end it.

also have to give hommage to that double knockdown fight that was on showtime i believe. the whole fight lasted something like a total of 20-some seconds.

Comment

Working...
                    X