Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will/should Manny and Freddie's strategy be for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.applesauce View Post
    but Miguel was head hunting with that left hook of his most of the fight.

but was i surprised on how well Manny took his punches
    It doesnt matter that he took Cotto's punches, Cotto was a punching bag with no defence or head movement. Floyd wont have to hit really hard to beat Pacquiao because Pacquiao will miss so much. And that takes alot out of you, Especially when your opponent lands an average of about 60% of his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      It doesnt matter that he took Cotto's punches, Cotto was a punching bag with no defence or head movement. Floyd wont have to hit really hard to beat Pacquiao because Pacquiao will miss so much. And that takes alot out of you, Especially when your opponent lands an average of about 60% of his punches.
      Manny turns fighters into punching bags..

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
        Manny turns fighters into punching bags..
        Joshua Clottey was already a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.applesauce View Post
          but Miguel was head hunting with that left hook of his most of the fight.

but was i surprised on how well Manny took his punches
          pac let cotto punch him in body alot of times watch the fight again

thats what make me laugh at those people
          even cotto and clotteys strongest punch cant even daze pac then they say floyd will KO him LOL LOL

lets face it a prime mosleys punch is stronger than pac! truth

but an old mosleys punch is still stronger than pac?
          pac knockdown cotto twice while mosley never did even ones

im seeing DECISIONS NO KOs on this fight if this fight happens, thats if floyd grows balls to fight pac and quit ignoring him rather than just selling t-shirts :/ that shows he doesnt have interest on even making the fight happen..

but i wont be surprise if floyd gets knocksdown by pac, pac is good at this when he sees an opening
          floyd will not get any knockdowns on pac not even ones LOL LOL truth
          floyd only wins if pac becomes as stupid as the other fighters floyd fights chasing him on the ring lol..

TRUTH: pac can dance and be slick thats wat makes this fight interesting

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
            pac let cotto punch him in body alot of times watch the fight again

thats what make me laugh at those people
            even cotto and clotteys strongest punch cant even daze pac then they say floyd will KO him LOL LOL

lets face it a prime mosleys punch is stronger than pac! truth

but an old mosleys punch is still stronger than pac?
            pac knockdown cotto twice while mosley never did even ones

im seeing DECISIONS NO KOs on this fight if this fight happens, thats if floyd grows balls to fight pac and quit ignoring him rather than just selling t-shirts :/ that shows he doesnt have interest on even making the fight happen..

but i wont be surprise if floyd gets knocksdown by pac, pac is good at this when he sees an opening
            floyd will not get any knockdowns on pac not even ones LOL LOL truth
            floyd only wins if pac becomes as stupid as the other fighters floyd fights chasing him on the ring lol..

TRUTH: pac can dance and be slick thats wat makes this fight interesting
            OK but Mayweather was able to hurt Mosley a few times during their fight and Margarito who is known for being a hard puncher couldn't hurt Mosley at all during their fight

that is why AGAIN you can't go by what other fighters did against each other, Cotto and Clottey are NOTHING like Mayweather and Mayweather don't need a KO to win, Mayweather can out-box Manny, only chance Manny has like most against Mayweather is to land a KO or at least try to hurt Mayweather early

a lot of fans think for some stupid reason that who ever has more power and speed will win, boxing just doesn't work like that, STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!!! not physical attributes
            Last edited by sicko; 06-26-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
              Joshua Clottey was already a punching bag.
              Before manny pacquiao = Clottey is a tough fight for ANY WW

After manny pacquiao = Clottey is a punching bag.

Notice how after every fighter manny demolishes.. the fighter wasn't **** to begin with? We'll see what happens if Floyd signs the contract.

Comment

I don't agree entirely with the posters who are saying that Pacquiao just has to look for a big punch to win. Obviously, it might actually come to that if Pacquiao is deterred by Mayweathers counter punching through the fight, but it doesn't have to start that way. From watching a few of Mayweathers last few fights, he seems a bit passive and doesn't throw that many punches, so a strategy they could implement could be similar to the fight against Clottey and just throw throw throw and due to Mayweathers seemingly lack of activity, could win Pacquiao plenty of rounds to win on the scorecards. Obviously it won't be as easy as the Clottey fight, as Mayweather has a better defence and will dodge and block more punches and he will actually throw back counters that will be accurate and fast and WILL land against Pacquiao, so can be close on the scorecards depending on what the judge is looking at.

So 2 strategies can be winning by just using a lot of activity or just looking for a big punch. Pacquiao won't be able to outbox him, so just go for a no thrills approach.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Throw a bunch of punches and hope you land a hayemaker.

Seriously..

If he tries to get into a thinking match with Floyd he'll be KO'd.
                  Floyd obvisouly is a smart fighter.
                  But I think Floyd abilties are sometimes overrated.He has flaws,especially against southpaws.
                  His shoulder roll would not work against Manny,like it didn't against southpaws Judah or Spadafora on that video.

Like Judah,Manny matches Floyd's speed.
                  You can compare both fighters,Judah and Pacquiao.

Comparing performances of both fighters,against Clottey and Cotto,obviously Manny is more lethal and durable,a very bigger task.
                  Both are fast southpaws,with crazy angles.

I think Pacquiao is a big problem for Floyd.

The diference is Manny fought very few slick fighters,Judah from NY fought and sparred obviously with a lot of slick cats,that's also why maybe he did well againt Floyd .

Floyd's style is all wrong for Manny.
                  BUT Manny's style is all wrong for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                    Before manny pacquiao = Clottey is a tough fight for ANY WW

After manny pacquiao = Clottey is a punching bag.

Notice how after every fighter manny demolishes.. the fighter wasn't **** to begin with? We'll see what happens if Floyd signs the contract.
                    Actually you're right, Manny did turn Clottey into a punching bag. Clottey was too afraid to feel Pacquiao's power, so he went into a shell.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Floyd obvisouly is a smart fighter.
                      But I think Floyd abilties are sometimes overrated.He has flaws,especially against southpaws.
                      His shoulder roll would not work against Manny,like it didn't against southpaws Judah or Spadafora on that video.

Like Judah,Manny matches Floyd's speed.
                      You can compare both fighters,Judah and Pacquiao.

Comparing performances of both fighters,against Clottey and Cotto,obviously Manny is more lethal and durable,a very bigger task.
                      Both are fast southpaws,with crazy angles.

I think Pacquiao is a big problem for Floyd.

The diference is Manny fought very few slick fighters,Judah from NY fought and sparred obviously with a lot of slick cats,that's also why maybe he did well againt Floyd .

Floyd's style is all wrong for Manny.
                      BUT Manny's style is all wrong for Floyd.
                      Physically these fighters are even. They are both fast, both strong , both good fighters.

I think overall Floyd is the more polished better fighter and Pac is the more explosive fighter.

However what separates these two isnt skill or speed or resume. Its smarts. The smarter fighter will win.

What I have come to realize is that Floyd doesnt fight with his fists he fights with his brain. Watch the Shane Mosley fight. The adjustments he make are so ridiculous. He gets hit with 2 huge right hands in round 2. Shane goes the next 30 minutes without landing another right hand.

Adjustments. Floyd has that down to a science. He will find a weakness and poke and prod at it until his opponent is mentally and physically beaten up.

Against Pac will be no different. He will find something that works. Most think it will be the lead right. And to a certain extent I agree that is the pucnh that will light Manny up alot.

BUT.....

Floyds jab is laser accurate and blazing fast. It didnt miss Shane once. When Floyd threw it Shane had no idea what to do. Floyds jab will be important than his lead right. The lead right is always there but the Jab will make that lead right even more deadly when he throws it.

Also watch for body punching. Vs. Lefties Floyd attacks the body relentlessly.

Corley, Judah, and Mitchell got pounded to the body. Mitchell was stopped to the body and Judah was hurt to the body several times. Floyds body punching is nuts and goes unnoticed to the casual viewer. Pacs body will be attacked and hard.

Lastly...

Watch for inside fighting. Watch the clinches. Watch how Floyd maneuvers on the inside. Pac is not a good inside fighter. Floyds is hard to hit on the inside and he can still get off laser right hands and hard body shots on the inside. I dont think this fight will be competitive or close in any shape form or fashion.

Floyd will win almost every round. Early rounds will be Floyds but he will turn it up later in the fight and do more damage.

I got Floyd 10 rounds to 2. Or late stoppage around Round 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X