• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooooh sorry, roids cycled off already.

now hes ready for the test

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Havent read it. But wasnt 'mean Manny' the guy who fought JMM the first 2 fights?

Unless there is a KO, its gonna be the same deal. Cat and mouse. Lets see if Manny can sustain an attack force JMM into a brawl. Or JMM just boxes Manny's head off...again.
      This ^^^^^^^

Marquez has fought "every" type of Manny. "One handed" Manny, "two handed" Manny, even "God can't help Marquez now" Manny.

Now when Marquez wins again it will be because pac isn't "hungry" anymore. Excuses, excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
        That was mean Manny in the first fight in 2004, and what should have been an amazing first round TKO became the choke of the decade. Give Marquez the credit he deserves.

Lets give Pac the credit, To much expectation from his performance makes you think JMM wins, but lets accept the fact JMM cannot win against Pac...

wake up from dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
          This ^^^^^^^

Marquez has fought "every" type of Manny. "One handed" Manny, "two handed" Manny, even "God can't help Marquez now" Manny.

Now when Marquez wins again it will be because pac isn't "hungry" anymore. Excuses, excuses.
          keep dreaming bro...

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
            You should not put Bradley in the same sentence with Marquez. Pac with less effort still beat Bradley in one sided decision. Only the Floydiots keep bringing up this argument when Bradley himself needs to watch the fight again because he doubted himself about the win. If this didn't give you any clue then you should start watching aerobic from now on.
            What is a Floydiot??? I truly don't know what that means. I have an idea...but lets not go there. From a fighters standpoint, when you fight someone with the popularity and drawing power of Manny Pacquiao, not only do you have to win the fight but you have to win the event. Watching Bradley right after the fight and listening to his corner during the fight, they all thought he was winning and had won the decision. It wasn't until the scores were read and the winner was annouced and the boos began, thats when Tim suddenly felt unsure. The concept is, you have to KO or dominate a popular champion in Vegas to win the title. That's why he said he would have to go back and look at the fight. He knew his perfomance was not spectacular for that particular event, but he felt he outboxed Manny. Maybe you should go back and watch the whole fight and listen to Bradley's corner and how confident they were that he were winning the fight. More importantly, watch Manny's reaction to the score cards. Didn't look that surprised to me and didn't get emotional at all. Wonder why???

I don't know about a Floydiot, but it takes an IDIOT to think I was comparing the careers of a legend like Marquez to a young lion like Bradley. I was saying that their defense and movement affected Manny's performance. And, I don't like aerobics, but I see you must have more knowledge of that than this great sport of boxing. Study the sport for another 5 or 6 years, clown...then get back with me. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless BONG View Post

Lets give Pac the credit, To much expectation from his performance makes you think JMM wins, but lets accept the fact JMM cannot win against Pac...

wake up from dreaming...
              This will probably be a waste of time, but I will answer. I wasn't talking about wins or losses, official or otherwise. The author makes it seem as though a lack of "meanness" is all that has prevented Pacquiao from knocking Marquez out. Pacquiao has supposedly been trying to knock Marquez out in each rematch "to shut him up and erase all doubt". It hasn't only depended on Pacquiao. It's also due to Marquez' ability and the fact that he never said die that we will see part IV.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                I'm sorry bro but you've lost your god damned mind..Bradley high risk? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO

gasp......gasp..gasp....

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

The only risk in fighting Bradley is selling ppv's..that's an easy payday a second time for Manny..the public will not pay for a rematch in droves.
                Well why did they fight Bradley the 1st time,genius??? He never has been a PPV fighter. The 2nd fight would do better than the 1st because everyone wants to see "the revenge of the Pacman" Eveyone wants to see Bradley catch the ultimate beatdown from Manny. The fighter and the trainer both know and understand. The fans don't get it and that's ok. But what true champion would turn down a guaranteed $25 mill if he thought the fight would be easy. Nevermind PPV sells, that's never guaranteed. Roach and Manny will never admit that they caught hell with an injured fighter. They will never admit to their fans that he was elusive and hard to hit. They said he ran. Well how does a man with 2 injured legs run??? A better question, why didn't the great Manny Pacquiao cut off the ring of this light fisted "runner" and dominate the fight??? We as fans only assume, but they know the truth. And that truth will keep them away from Bradley. But what does it say about Manny if he decides to give Bradley the rematch and loses again??? LMAO!! Ok, that's why there will be know rematch!

Comment

The idea that Manny has been struggling with opponents because of too much 'compassion' is so utterly ridiculous that I doubt even Freddie believes it.

They're banking on Marquez standing and trading in this fight because they know that's the only way they might get the upper hand in the fight. Apart from that, they have absolutely no idea what to do differently, hence all this 'mean' talk.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                    I respect this post to the fullest, but just disagree. Its not about Manny being mean or relentless, its about how his opponent chooses to fight him. Manny is an absolute beast when his opponents stand directly in front of him. That's when you see how gifted he is with his hand and foot speed. But when fighters like Marquez and Bradley get in the ring with him, they are not there to hit, plus they know how to counter him. This takes the aggression out of Manny because he now has to worry about what's coming back at him. It also forces him to have to think and go to a plan B. Manny has no plan B. No matter what his fans think, he is a 1 dimensional fighter. He's a great 1 dimensional fighter...but still 1 dimensional. When his fans think that he let off the gas in the later rounds against Bradley, I think they are either dillusional or just don't have a good understanding of boxing. They don't follow the sport enough to know that missing a lot of punches, as he did against Bradley, wears a fighter down. They fail to realize that the body shots that Bradley was landing were truly effective and that's why he lost the last few rounds. That is why he couldn't step on the gas and go for the KO.

Marquez is the ultimate boxer. He doesn't have great footspeed but he knows how to step to Manny's right and keep him turning. Manny is less effective when that happens and that was proven with Bradley and Mosley as well. The truth of the matter is, Manny will destroy guys that are flatfooted, slow, and lacks good defensive skills. He will punish the come forward aggressive style fighters. He's done it his whole career. But he has struggled against guys that are skilled and use movement. Do you ever notice before some fights he challenges guys to not "RUN" and stand and fight him? He always poster and tells his opponents to come at him during the fight. That's when he is most effective. Manny has the heart of a champion and can take a good shot. He's an extremely exciting fighter when his opponent allows him to be. But when he is forced to "BOX" he becomes an ordinary guy. So yes, bring back "mean Manny". He will still look ordinary against fighters with the skill and will of Marquez and Bradley. And believe me, at the end of the day, that is why him and Roach are in no hurry to have the rematch with Bradley. High risk low reward. If he gets by Marquez again, there is no doubt Rios will be next. That's because Rios has the style that is catered for him and make him seem invincible again.
                    Great post
                    Pacquiao fans still struggle with the concept of boxing
                    You don't stand and trade with Manny but to his fans if you slip and create angles your not there to fight
                    Marquez will give him hell again,it won't be easy
                    Should be a great fight but stop buying in to the focused and hungry Manny BS

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                      LOL "Mean Manny" was supposed to come back in the second Marquez bout

Lampley was wetting himself over that one
                      It was something to laugh at. Pre fight he supposedly had the best camp yet and there was no way Marquez would've made it past the 4th round, and to be honest PAC's footwork was the best he's ever had. And after the fight and now on 24/7 he wasn't prepared for that fight, leg cramps, marriage problems; such bull. He clearly tried to outbox Marquez and got taken to school.

Comment

Working...
                      X