• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODLH tweets he's willing to make put Matthysse in with Rios

Will Bob Arum/Schaefer oblige?

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya
    Good win. Unification would be nice with Lucas

Breaking news!! I'm willing to do Lucas vs Rios. You heard it from the horses mouth.

i want to see garcia/matthysse first. for some reason i don't think he would put him in there with lucas. i know he's the promoter of both, but it's like alvarez and lara, or how i thought mares and moreno would be (but mares wants to face the best unlike most). we'll see what happens. but matthysse deserves a fight with garcia or rios next (since they have the titles).

EDIT: was rios/alvarado a title fight? wasn't it scheduled for 10?

Comment

....STFU Oscar, you ain't gonna do shit. Now the TR/GBP feud doesn't exist??

Comment

Oscar wants to put his high risk/low reward fighter against Arum's lower risk/high reward fighter? I'm shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          ....STFU Oscar, you ain't gonna do shit. Now the TR/GBP feud doesn't exist??
          That's kinda what I thought too. Schaefer is the one that calls the shots as far as GBP and their business goes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Oscar wants to put his high risk/low reward fighter against Arum's lower risk/high reward fighter? I'm shocked.
            this is exactly the same way i feel, haha. let's see if he's willing to make garcia/rios, even though i want to see garcia/matthysse first. like i said in my first post, i'm not even sure gbp would want to do garcia/matthysse. they'd probably do garcia/judah or garcia/khan II after this morales fight. let's hope they don't though, and make garcia/matthysse next.
            Last edited by chiguy91; 10-14-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I want to see Garcia vs. Matthysse first. That's the fight at 140 for next year. But I think Matthysse would KO Rios. I want to see Rios-Alvarado II eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                this is exactly the same way i feel, haha. let's see if he's willing to make garcia/rios, even though i want to see garcia/matthysse first. like i said in my first post, i'm not even sure gbp would want to do garcia/matthysse. they'd probably do garcia/judah or garcia/khan II after this morales fight. let's hope they don't though, and make garcia/matthysse next.
                Yeah, I agree. I remember Oscar tweeted that he wanted Lara vs Martinez just so he could keep him away from Canelo.

Oscar knows there's no way Bob will make the Matthyse fight because Matthyse doesn't currently bring much to the table other than risk. So then he could say "See, I tried for the fans. It's all Arum's fault." Now if he had offered Garcia like you said, that would seem more genuine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
                  That's kinda what I thought too. Schaefer is the one that calls the shots as far as GBP and their business goes anyway.
                  They wouldn't be working together though. GBP would try to buy the match-up like TR did with Lara/Vanes. I think that's what DLH meant.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
                    Will Bob Arum/Schaefer oblige?

Good win. Unification would be nice with Lucas

Breaking news!! I'm willing to do Lucas vs Rios. You heard it from the horses mouth.
                    GBP is a joke, that's the perfect escape plan from a potencial Garcia - Matthysse fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X