UFC Champ Shogun Rua Claims Rampage Jackson Ducked Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Champ Shogun Rua Claims Rampage Jackson Ducked Him

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/7/...son-ducked-him

UFC announcer Joe Rogan jolted budding superstar Jon Jones at UFC 126 by announcing to the crowd that Jones would have an immediate title shot against Mauricio Rua at UFC 128. Jones' teammate Rashad Evans had the title shot but blew out his MCL earlier this week in training.

Now UFC champion Shogun Rua is telling Tatame.com that Quinton Jackson had been offered the fight and declined it:

According to (Rua) to TATAME TV (below, in Portuguese), Rampage was offered the shot. "The UFC thought in other alternatives, but it didn't worked out. For some reason he (Jackson) didn't accepted it", Shogun said, talking about his upcoming fight against Jon Jones. "I'll have to change my training because he's a lot different from Rashad, much taller, and it'll be a great challenge. He's been surprising everybody in the UFC, defeated everybody with easy, and it'll be a tough fight for me", he stated.

More bullshit from Bloody Anus. Just a troll post and nothing else.

Rampage is not in shape to fight right now. He's reportedly well overweight. Also at this stage in his career he doesn't exactly need to be taking major fights on short notice, especially if he'll have to cut extreme weight to do so. And Jones was never "jolted," it was all theater. If you don't agree you're gullible as shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

Rampage is not in shape to fight right now. He's reportedly well overweight. Also at this stage in his career he doesn't exactly need to be taking major fights on short notice, especially if he'll have to cut extreme weight to do so. And Jones was never "jolted," it was all theater. If you don't agree you're gullible as shit.
      If Rampage is out of shape that just makes it even more likely that Rampage would turn down a fight with Shogun. This sounds perfectly possible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        If Rampage is out of shape that just makes it even more likely that Rampage would turn down a fight with Shogun. This sounds perfectly possible to me.
        No shit sherlock, I'm not questioning whether he turned down the fight. There's a difference between turning a fight down and "ducking" someone. And Shogun didn't claim Rampage "ducked" him either. It's just the usual inciting and very poor writing from Bloody Anus.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-08-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

you are 100 percent right

Comment

After what happened between them in Pride you can't really blame him if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
              After what happened between them in Pride you can't really blame him if he did.
              I don't believe he's scared though. I just think he's unwilling to take the fight without full preparation, and I think it's the correct decision.

Comment

"Yo Rampage that twinkie looks delicious you wanna fight Shogun in a month and a half?"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......... .."

Comment

I don't believe he's scared though. I just think he's unwilling to take the fight without full preparation, and I think it's the correct decision.
                  Nah, me either. Rampage doesnt seem the type that avoids fighters.

Comment

Working...
                  X