No announcement yet.

Hughie Fury may be pulling out of title fight with Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughie Fury may be pulling out of title fight with Parker

Still rumours at this stage, but in order of credibility from lowest to highest:

1. Hughie Fury's camp tries to source millions to avoid Auckland fight with Joseph Parker

dunno how credible it is and it sounds biased, but then we have this tweet from Peter Fury:

2. Interview tomorrow with @KuganCassius re Antics on Hughies fight coming up. hennessySports frankwarren_tv @MTK_Manchester @djk256

3. The fact that the Furys are still not in New Zealand, 2 weeks out from the fight. This is dodgy because i) it's a 24 hour flight with a 11 hour timezone difference, it's probably the biggest time zone adjustment you could make. ii) Peter Fury said they'd look to arrive a month or so in advance and iii) Drug testing doesn't start until Hughie arrives in the country...

Could Hughie be walking away from more than a million dollars and a title shot?

They had a last minute job to tarmac a drive.

Comment

i thought something smelt bad when Peter said they they are arriving 1.5/2 weeks in advance.

That's crazy you need at least that time to adjust, i couldnt take a crap for a week when i first arrived in NZ, your body needs time to adjust.

Its clearly something to do with the PED hearing, somethings going on behind the scenes imo.

Comment

Hughie Fury seems to be wasting everyone's time just like Tyson. This ****** passed on a Joshua fight in the UK then ducked the 'Bronze-Bomber' when Deontay needed a opponent before Washington was available....I cant believe he would pass on this -- what else does he got going? better hurry up before BBBoC suspends your ass again!

Comment

Surely this guy who has had one fight in two years no longer has PED's in his system ?

Parker and his team reiterated from the beginning they'd have an another opponent on stand by should Fury as expected be unable to compete due to his doping background.

Comment

Interesting...
            The tribunal should have been before the fight.. It's pathetic how BBoC and UKAD handled it..

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
              They had a last minute job to tarmac a drive.

Comment

Well f#ck. I'm rooting on this fight happening cuz I got a nice amount bet on a Parker W. Somehow he was/is a -170 favorite which seems way closer than it should be so this is free money basically in my eyes.

Definitely sounds like Hughie &/or his team is trying to eff sh^t up doe.

Comment

The whole Fury camp is a complete and utter joke. Sooner they're all out of boxing, the better.

Comment

It does seem odd how they're not in New Zealand yet. I've pretty much travelled everywhere from the UK and been fine but that was one trip that ****ed me up for days after arriving, i wouldn't have liked to think i had a fight coming up or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X