Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone go off the grid for any length of time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, last time 3 weeks when I was in Phillipines.

I didn't go to Phillipines to spend a single minute on Facebook or NSB, or whatever fake news internet offers us, would be a waste.

It was cool, at the end of the day, social medias sux, most people are dumb to me and self absorbed egomaniac weak minded pricks who need to post pictures and comment even if they are on one of the nicest Phillipines beach and so not enjoying the moment.

Most news, politics are irrelevant and avoiding forums (like NSB) trolls is a good thing too.

You will feel fine, if you don't, then you're addict and that's pretty bad.
    Last edited by BillyBoxing; 05-30-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      i did for years from 20-25 pretty much spent the entire time abroad working and travelling, it's definitely refreshing but you find yourself mindlessly scrolling through bs whenever you get the chance to get on the net. It becomes a sort of luxury to have a quick check up on your emails n **** instead of the norm, which is cool i guess.

where you headed?
      I'm thinking I won't even check emails or nothing. Fight results. News. Basically ignore everything I don't see in front of me irl.

Alaska. Maybe Mexico for the last 2 to 4 weeks. Undecided on that.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Bro, I disappeared off this site for 2-3 years.

Serving in the military, I was in the field all the time, so there was no access to schit. So, it made it pretty easy to just not be online or on Bscene in general.

Now, it's whatever. I think it's good to not let tech control you. That's why you see a bunch of spazzed out topics and extreme reactions on this website. Gotta unplug and enjoy whatever life we got.

Now days though, I'm like Mak. I'll go off grid when traveling, except for G-maps and trying to find what's poppin in the places I travel to. Other than that, it's not much internet going on, unless I'm transferring pics from camera to laptop.
        Yea that's what I feel like sometimes. And yea that's a feeling I'm looking to drop at least temporarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
          I got locked up for three years, and it took me almost a year after that to come back... 2010 to late 2013/early 2014.
          Did you and Larry get into adventures in prison?

Just f#cking with you. Why didn't you come on the site til a year out? Just getting your life together again I assume?

But f#ck man thats a whole other element with getting your freedom taken from you. F#ck me I still have nightmares just about that aspect of prison, being put away for years.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            I am never off grid... why bother it’s 2018!
            Part of me thinks like this too. But I feel like its a thing worth trying cuz I've heard of others doing sh^t like this and it having a positive impact.

If I end up thinking it was a worthwhile experience is to be seen, but I think I'd regret not making the attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Yeah, last time 3 weeks when I was in Phillipines.

I didn't go to Phillipines to spend a single minute on Facebook or NSB, or whatever fake news internet offers us, would be a waste.

It was cool, at the end of the day, social medias sux, most people are dumb to me and self absorbed egomaniac weak minded pricks who need to post pictures and comment even if they are on one of the nicest Phillipines beach and so not enjoying the moment.

Most news, politics are irrelevant and avoiding forums (like NSB) trolls is a good thing too.

You will feel fine, if you don't, then you're addict and that's pretty bad.
              Lol yea I think this will be my take more or less. I took a 2 month break and outside of a few people here I enjoy reading their takes on things and interacting with I missed zilch about this site.

This is a bigger test since its the internet as a whole and it'll be harder to not wanna catch up on emails or know who won some fight, but I don't think it's a step too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Bout to go off the grid while on a vacation, getting hot in NV lol, over the next 8-12 weeks in a couple weeks.

I was really impressed with what I got done in a 60 day Boxing Scene hiatus last year + felt it refueled me a lil bit & figured take it up a notch this year.

Anyone who internets on the regular ever go offline for that long? I don't think I've been offline for more than 2 or 3 weeks since 1999 when I first got online.

Was it harder or easier than expected?

What was good or bad about it?

And if you haven't done it would you do it or what do you think about doing something like that?
                90500x zero 11. Off the grid, yeah,
                ADX Florence
                The United States Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is an American federal supermax prison for male inmates located in Fremont County, Colorado.[2][3] It is unofficially known as ADX Florence, Florence ADMAX, or the "Alcatraz of the Rockies."[4] It is part of the Florence Federal Correctional Complex, which is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP), a division of the United States Department of Justice. It houses the male inmates in the federal prison system who are deemed the most dangerous and in need of the tightest control. ADX also includes an adjacent minimum-security camp that, as of March 2014, houses more prisoners than the supermax unit.

United States Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility
                Florence ADMAX.jpg
                ADX Florence is located in Colorado ADX Florence
                Location in Colorado
                Coordinates
                Status
                Operational
                Security class
                Supermax with adjacent minimum security camp
                Population
                927 (408 supermax, 519 camp)[1]
                Opened
                November 1994
                Managed by
                Federal Bureau of Prisons
                Warden
                David Berkebile
                The BOP does not have a designated "supermax" facility for women. Women in the BOP system who are classified as "special management concerns" due to violence or escape attempts are confined in the administrative unit of Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas.[5]

I just got chin checked by my homie, Steve p, usp leavenwort.

After I pass my SOX exam. I’m moving to where ever my bosses order me to move.
                Last edited by Zaroku; 05-30-2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Lol yea I think this will be my take more or less. I took a 2 month break and outside of a few people here I enjoy reading their takes on things and interacting with I missed zilch about this site.

This is a bigger test since its the internet as a whole and it'll be harder to not wanna catch up on emails or know who won some fight, but I don't think it's a step too far.
                  I mean, the emails ain't a bad stuff, this is some serious stuff now just like a mail box, so maybe you can check this sometimes. It's not really "surfing" on the net if you ask me.

Regarding the boxing results, just go old school with the newspaper. You will see they are plenty of solutions without the internet.

What I missed most especially on a road trip was the GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    I am never off grid... why bother it’s 2018!
                    But seriously, going off the grid sounds like fun. I bet it's awkward at first, but eventually it would feel liberating.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      But seriously, going off the grid sounds like fun. I bet it's awkward at first, but eventually it would feel liberating.
                      True but wouldn’t you rather make full use of all the assets ie internet, smart phone etc

I have a iPhone X, paid £1000, why would I not Use it

Comment

Working...
                      X