Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong - Purse Bid Set For Jan. 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong - Purse Bid Set For Jan. 24

BoxingScene.com had been advised that the International Boxing Federation has set down the date of January 24th for the official purse bid for Josh Taylor's mandatory defense against Apinun Khongsong. Sampson Boxing, who recently signed Khongsong to a promotional agreement, was no longer willing to participate in negotiations and requested an immediate purse bid pursuant to IBF Rule 10A. Taylor, who holds the IBF and WBA world titles at junior welterweight, recently signed a promotional agreement with Top Rank.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Guess he really wanted that 35% then?

Comment

These bloody mandatory defences always get in the way.

Comment

Don't tell me, don't tell me...alright, tell me, who the hell is Josh Taylor fighting here?

Comment

Taylor and Khongsong have almost identical records: Taylor 16 - 0 12 KOs and Khongsong 16 - 0 13 KOs.

So it looks like a pick 'em type fight ...

Comment

Watched a minute of Khongsong vs Kondo(i think he lost to Lipinets). I wanted him to be good. But I just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
              Yes they are a thorn in any champion’s side...

Comment

In the way of what? Who else was Taylor going to fight? Might as well get this outta way now l. Ramirez is busy

Comment

These bloody mandatory defenses always get in the way.
                  They dont.

They are there for a reason otherwise this business will become an exclusive club or a cartel of just a few fighters and that is not good for the game long term.

Respect to the IBF for insisting on them.
                  Spence HAD TO be a mandatory to get a title shot.

Apinun ( never seen him fight ) may not be a Spence but he also has a family to feed.
                  Let him get his chance.

Comment

Regis Prograis: I don’t want to go to Top Rank and be in same predicament as Terence Crawford

On if he’d like a rematch with Josh Taylor next:

“Well, to be honest, they not gonna fight me next. You know, it’s not gonna happen next. Imagine if I was Josh Taylor, I wouldn’t fight me next. Let him fight somebody and then fight maybe (Jose) Ramirez and then maybe we can get the fight. But I want the rematch eventually, but knowing boxing, it’s not gonna happen right now. It probably won’t even happen no time soon.

“So I think they’re gonna, since he signed with Top Rank, mostly likely gonna try to get the Ramirez fight. And as far as me, I’m still trying to figure out which way I’m gonna go, see which route I’ma go.”

On if he feels left out with Taylor signing with Top Rank who already has Ramirez:

“No, not really. I mean, I can go over there. But like I said, I’m trying to figure out which move I’ma make, which is the more strategic move for me to make. Because on the other side they still got the PBC and they still got Eddie with Matchroom and stuff like that, and of course they have Top Rank.

I think it’s a good move for (Taylor) but I don’t wanna be over there and be in same predicament Crawford is in. So I definitely wouldn’t wanna do that.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/1/1...rence-crawford

Comment

Working...
                    X