Hmm, little help please?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, little help please?

Edited for stupidity
    Last edited by Rampage*; 07-28-2006, 07:16 PM.

Mate, your'e still growing. Your'e skeletal system hasn't stopped developing yet. Just eat a healthy balanced diet and workout hard. Eat enough so that you fuel your'e natural and stimulated growth from exercise. keep away from the supplements and all the other **** until youv'e done growing as forcing the issue may well lead to a heap of health problems further down the track. Why not enjoy building steadily what youv'e got for the next 4 or 5 years and then hit it hard, rather than rush things and risk ****ing yourself up so preventing you working out for the rest of your natural.

Lol

Comment

1300 calories is waaaay too little for someone still growing to be eating. If you want to bulk up with muscle, you need a lot more than 1800. My cutting diet consisted of 1900-2100 a day. From what I've read, for bulking it's good to have about a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. I've never really done any bulking diets but there is a lot of good info on www.bodybuilding.com. You should have no problem finding good articles there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lol999
        Mate, your'e still growing. Your'e skeletal system hasn't stopped developing yet. Just eat a healthy balanced diet and workout hard. Eat enough so that you fuel your'e natural and stimulated growth from exercise. keep away from the supplements and all the other **** until youv'e done growing as forcing the issue may well lead to a heap of health problems further down the track. Why not enjoy building steadily what youv'e got for the next 4 or 5 years and then hit it hard, rather than rush things and risk ****ing yourself up so preventing you working out for the rest of your natural.

Lol
        Nothx.....
        Last edited by Rampage*; 07-28-2006, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tebe6sm
          1300 calories is waaaay too little for someone still growing to be eating. If you want to bulk up with muscle, you need a lot more than 1800. My cutting diet consisted of 1900-2100 a day. From what I've read, for bulking it's good to have about a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. I've never really done any bulking diets but there is a lot of good info on www.bodybuilding.com. You should have no problem finding good articles there.
          Thanks dude. I have another great website that you yourself might want to have a look at:
          http://www.wannabebig.com/

Comment

When I was 14, I was a bodybuilder. Generally as far as diet goes, you want a gram of protein per pound of body weight, and 2 grams of carbs per pound of body weight. That being said, although it's good to diet and have occassional exerecise while that young, take it from me, DON'T WORK OUT LIKE YOU'RE 18.

In my gym, by 15 I was already stronger than 95 percent of people in my town, I was a bodybuilding machine, and paid dearly for it. All that weight on still developing bones is not a good thing, and believe me, at your age people told me not to do it, but I did anyway. I highly recommend not to overdue it till at least 18.

All that muscle looks good until you have to walk with a limp everywhere like me.

I can box just fine, but I can't walk in a straight line cause all the squats i did deformed my hips

Think of it like welding to pieces of metal together, you don't just weld and walk off, you weld, hold the metal in place till the metal cools down and sets, then you're good

The same applies to your bones, they don't respond so well to stress until they set in place

Comment

Originally posted by 666boy666
              When I was 14, I was a bodybuilder. Generally as far as diet goes, you want a gram of protein per pound of body weight, and 2 grams of carbs per pound of body weight. That being said, although it's good to diet and have occassional exerecise while that young, take it from me, DON'T WORK OUT LIKE YOU'RE 18.

In my gym, by 15 I was already stronger than 95 percent of people in my town, I was a bodybuilding machine, and paid dearly for it. All that weight on still developing bones is not a good thing, and believe me, at your age people told me not to do it, but I did anyway. I highly recommend not to overdue it till at least 18.

All that muscle looks good until you have to walk with a limp everywhere like me.

I can box just fine, but I can't walk in a straight line cause all the squats i did deformed my hips

Think of it like welding to pieces of metal together, you don't just weld and walk off, you weld, hold the metal in place till the metal cools down and sets, then you're good

The same applies to your bones, they don't respond so well to stress until they set in place
              Ok, thanks for the tip. I won't do any squats or weights over my head. I'm only going to become 180 pounds so it shouldn't be that big of a deal right?
              Last edited by Rampage*; 07-28-2006, 07:18 PM.

Comment

By the way, how is this ratio, 200g protein (from 3 scoops of whey mostly) 60g of fat and 400g carbs (from all the rice I eat)I can increase the fat if I wanted by eating more peanut butter, and I can decrease the protein however by decreasing the scoops of whey. The carbs can come and go easy from the rice. Just tell me what I should switch and I will.
                Last edited by Rampage*; 07-28-2006, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by My_Sport
                  By the way, how is this ratio, 150g protein (from 3 scoops of whey mostly) 30g of fat and 230g carbs (from all the rice I eat)I can increase the fat if I wanted by eating more peanut butter, and I can decrease the protein however by decreasing the scoops of whey. The carbs can come and go easy from the rice. Just tell me what I should switch and I will. (with 1800 calories)

Sounds pretty good man, you've got a good head on ya. I wouldn't go over the 30 grams of fat though. Ideal is 20-30 g per day no matter what your size.

One side note however, I'd be kind of cautious about getting damn near all your protein from a powder, some in your diet is fine, but you should mainly get your protein, fats and carbs
                  from solid food. If you're strapped for cash, canned tuna gives you alot of protein for your buck.

Just make sure to eat it with tuna helper or something though cause if you eat it by it's self, you could end up like me and after about the 3rd year of tuna eating, want to puke when you smell it lol

Comment

skim milk and cottage cheese are also good protein sources. cottage cheese best before bed because of the casein protein so your body doesn't eat your muscle while you sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X