No announcement yet.

Running Question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Question?

Hello everyone I have been in a club September. My wife got me that Gary Todd book "Workouts of boxings greatest champs". I noticed that their running was all different as far distance goes,But in the back,where he gives you a regimin to use it goes by minutes. My question is what is better,distance or time. and also does he mean full on running or jogging. I jog 2.2 miles 5 nights a week,I have never tried full on running for that distance.

I say time, because if you run distances your mind tells you that 2.2 miles is good enough. Regardless if you're running or jogging, once you hit that 2.2 miles you quit.

With time, you almost always end up at a different place. Either you ran too slow, or you blasted your way through. There's no number keeping you from excelling.

Echo

Comment

Originally posted by Echojaybird
      I say time, because if you run distances your mind tells you that 2.2 miles is good enough. Regardless if you're running or jogging, once you hit that 2.2 miles you quit.

With time, you almost always end up at a different place. Either you ran too slow, or you blasted your way through. There's no number keeping you from excelling.

Echo
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Do some brisk running/jogging for an hour a day, five days a week. In addition to that, for two or three days of the week, work some sprinting into that. Sprinting is taxing to your system, hence the reason its only done a few times a week, but will help your endurance out.

Also don't neglect long walks in the evening. A good conditioning system should incorporate long (walking), medium (jogging), and short distance (sprints) cardio work.

Comment

Working...
        X