No announcement yet.

U.S. murders since 1976; White offenders 34.3%, Black offenders 33.95%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    If you suspect data are flawed, point out how they are.

That you are intellectually not able to analyze these data for there veracity does not grant you license to criticize nonetheless.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...-Crime-Reports

Regarding flawed criminal data, this article is very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      I get what you mean. I might've been a little reactionary.

It's not like I want to "silence dissent" or anything like that, just I suppose they can be sensitive topics.

I can understand the other side of wanting the data to be seen in proper context.

I do not feel like white people are especially put upon or anything like that. I certainly feel though like many sides are guilty of using race as a wedge topic. This includes backlash against whites.

I think that the basis for the 'whites are the most viscous' line has to do with legitimate legacy of imperialism, conquest, genocide against indigenous, and holocaust against Africans in the way of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade; all legitimate lines. I think it's wrong though to extrapolate upon such criticisms of European society, and the societies of European diasporas, for purposes of social critiques. However, I will check that last line of mine with one qualifyer: the state of the modern prison industrial complex is akin to genocide and modern-day slavery. That this system systemically inflicts itself disproportionately on blacks is also on the level of fact. So, perhaps we agree somewhat on some of these issues.
      No problem. I just wanted it to be clear that I didn't question that data presented.

I think its always important to give the proper context. In doing so, IMO that makes it easier to fix things. There is always going to be some backlash given history. I think the right thing to do is face it, deal with it, and then we move forward. You can't move forward if we have to pretend things never happened.

Any criticisms of European society should be constructive and fair. It doesn't help to try and make European society worse than it is. However, it also doesn't help when European society tries to whitewash (no pun intended) several atrocities committed and the way it has used its systems to keep power over other cultures/societies.

Lets just be honest on both sides, admit there are things collectively and individually that need to be addressed and fixed, accept blame, and work together to find solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        Here's how these topics tend to go:

Internet psychopath: WHITE MALES ARE #1 IN MURDER, RAPE, THEFT, CHILD MOLESTATION! SOMEONE NEEDS TO SPEAK UP AND THAT SOMEONE IS ME! I'M READY TO BECOME A LEGEND, EVEN IF ALL YALL ARE AFRAID TO JOIN ME! I'M GOIN FOR IT! IT'S TIME TO STOP THE KKK!

Me: Actually if you look up the statistics white people have been getting the short end of the stick for over a century when it comes to crime & victimization. American violent crime is comparable to the wealthiest parts of Europe when you factor for ethnicity. Hollywood & pundits seek out those rare/atypical Trayvon cases specifically to bait uneducated urban communities into an overreaction.

Internet psychopath: DO YOU WISH YOU WERE WHITE? HAHA HE WISHES HE WAS WHITE. LOOK AT HIM HE WISHES HE WAS WHITE.

Me: No but how can you be so passionate about any topic without even reviewing pertinent data?

Internet psychopath: YOU NEVER GONNA BE WHITE!

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        What is the purpose of these threads?
        to show the prevalence of black criminality which doesnt match the narrative that black people are being oppressed but in essence are the ones doing the oppressing.

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        White includes Latino? Does that mean the remaining almost third are Asian offenders?

EDIT: Looks like most of the remaining fit under 'unknown' (as in suspect not identified)
        That's a big quantity of crimes not being assigned to any particular group
        and do you know why latinos are included with whites?

there's a reason for that you know.

i believe this tactic of lumping latinos with white crime statistics started during the obama admin and was supposedly stop just before obama left office....

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I can understand how these stats look racist, but it's just murder data compiled into a database to track serial killers. When the media tells you that black people are victims all day and then you are presented with evidence that doesn't conform to that agenda, I can understand why that might make you feel icky.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        The issue is always what data is being used. If it is arrest data, then that is highly problematic.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...by-the-numbers
        https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
        This is a boxing forum first! Let's go thru a quick history lesson of this Country, and to back up my claim is how the President(45) is treated especially the patience and many chances he gets to do a better job or destroy more...

Your data/statistics are biased as ****.... Blacks only make up a small percentage of the population but yet you believe they are killing at the same level as a 70+% population - wow...

Every since the civil rights movement blacks have been portrayed as monsters since the photos of well dressed black patrons getting refused service at local diners etc.. those pictures along with the police using canines on peaceful protesters hurt the White populations global empathy, so that is why they always show you the face of the black perpetrator because they know how powerful images are....

Civil rights movement- peaceful non violently protesting/ black panthers - reactionary group that barely has any blood on their hands, alot of their programs are still being implemented across the nation, but you guys wouldn't know about that..Black lives matter singled out as a hate group - worse than the Nazi skin heads/ KKK/ Nationalist etc.. who are not under investigation..

So now if this group of people are such animals, then why are they not mass killing like the Last Vegas shooter? Or Sandy Hook? Or the Church scenario...hmm... But we are singled out as animals and if that was the case...everyone on this forum/thread would first hand witness a black person killing/robbing/mugging etc...with their own eyes...

Stick to boxing, too many bigots on this site that are educated through the television and internet

Do your own due diligence, I have yet to meet a black person that wants to kill everyone to protect their own race - when their race is already protected...
        Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Says you're from Chicago.

Who's committing all the murders in your town?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

to show the prevalence of black criminality which doesnt match the narrative that black people are being oppressed but in essence are the ones doing the oppressing.

there's a reason for that you know.

i believe this tactic of lumping latinos with white crime statistics started during the obama admin and was supposedly stop just before obama left office....

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

No, the data is from 1976 stop trying to blame everything on Obama. For decades now even the census has separated the concept of 'ethnicity' (hispanic/latino or not) and 'race' (for which hispanic/latino is not an option). This doesn't really match how most people think of or discuss race but that's a separate issue and not connected to Obama in any way.

Originally posted by DramaShow
          race baiting thread but its fine when its attacking a certain group, mods got no problem with that, its all cool, its progressive. point the finger at anyone else and all hell breaks loose.
          I was surprised by this reaction until I realized that you misinterpreted the intent of the thread.

This is a thread highlighting that Blacks commit more violent crimes per capita.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-28-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            George Zimmerman

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              What is the purpose of these threads?
              We can guess

Comment

Stats don't look correct, I've never heard of the "murder accountability project" and can't find where the stats/data are in The New Yorker article.

Comment

This is how Poland interprets a US SWAT team.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Says you're from Chicago.

Who's committing all the murders in your town?
                    Systemic be committing them murders, cuz.

Comment

Come to think of it I actually do remember the murder accountability project, they were in the news recently claiming they are making algorithms to solve murders and find serial killers or some ****.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Comment

Working...
                      X