Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder parts ways with Mark Breland...This is horrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully he dropped Breland for the right reasons, the fact that Wilder did not develop as a fighter. He made it far with what he had but there much missing from his skillset to be at the level he was. I have to wonder if the needed change is coming too late though.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

I would hope that Wilder isnt that much of a dirt bag to fire that man that most see as a hero. And Deas has to be seeing the comments out on social media about him. None which is good. Thats dude is a steaming pile of dogshlt
      Funny, “steaming pile of dogshit” is probably my favorite insult, reserved only for the biggest...er, steaming piles of dogshit. Haha

But yeah, the word has to be out. I have yet to see even one comment that the fight should’ve been allowed to continue. That’s saying something, because usually there’s at least one idiot who thinks it should’ve. How ironic that so far the only idiot who believes the bout should’ve continued is Wilder’s “lead coach.” (Deontay gets a pass from me right now because the loss is still fresh, and his champion’s pride is blinding him.)

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Funny, “steaming pile of dogshit” is probably my favorite insult, reserved only for the biggest...er, steaming piles of dogshit. Haha

But yeah, the word has to be out. I have yet to see even one comment that the fight should’ve been allowed to continue. That’s saying something, because usually there’s at least one idiot who thinks it should’ve. How ironic that so far the only idiot who believes the bout should’ve continued is Wilder’s “lead coach.” (Deontay gets a pass from me right now because the loss is still fresh, and his champion’s pride is blinding him.)
        Hes only saying that so Wilder doesn't fire him. Damage control. All about self now. Instead of telling Wilder he agreed hes saying He dont know why...WTF Was this idiot watching Wilder getting his brains beat in by a 273 lb dude in the corner and how wobbly he was. Ive seen old ladies coming out of Bingo parlors walking better than Wilder was!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          How the hell can you say that???????? He could barley stand up. He was bleeding from ear and mouth. His Eyes were closing and he couldnt move. He had no legs. and his punches had NO STEAM on them at all. To think he was gonna land a hail mary on Fury who can clearly tak his shots on a good day is crazy to think.

Even Bayless who was probably on the payroll told Wilder he needed to show him something in the 7th round or he would stop it. I can see if it was the 12th round. But he had 5 more rounds to go. And he was going down fast round by round.
          Bs. He was hurt worse in the Ortiz fight. He wasn't even being hit hard and had his hands up at the time so it was a terrible stoppage in terms of overall timing. I would be mad and fire his a$$ too.

Comment

Deas comes off worst in this. A trainer who says "he's a go out on his shield kind of guy" is terrible.

It's his job to prepare and support his fighter. He's also supposed to protect his fighter.

I find his attitude horrific. Deontay would rather die in the ring, so he would let him?

Comment

The writing was on the wall. No way is Wilder able to accept his loss like a man. Someone else has to take the blame.

Comment

It more stupidity from Wilder than malice.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Hopefully he dropped Breland for the right reasons, the fact that Wilder did not develop as a fighter. He made it far with what he had but there much missing from his skillset to be at the level he was. I have to wonder if the needed change is coming too late though.
                  Making that change now and exercising his trilogy clause won’t do him any good. A new trainer won’t do any good in a rematch.

Now if he doesn’t exercise that trilogy clause and gives himself a few fights to adjust and build himself back up and hopefully improve them maybe he’d not get knocked the fuk out by Fury.

If wilder can’t box properly under breland then no trainer can.

Imo Wilder already hit his ceiling and at this point won’t get technical better than where he is at now.

He’s just a victim of getting into boxing in his 20’s and not grow up with it from the time he was a kid like fury.

Comment

Getting rid of another guy that was looking out for his best interests, first Dibella now Breland

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Bs. He was hurt worse in the Ortiz fight. He wasn't even being hit hard and had his hands up at the time so it was a terrible stoppage in terms of overall timing. I would be mad and fire his a$$ too.
                      Are you Jay Deas, r3tarded or both?

I could understand an argument for the ref not stopping it at that point, none for his corner though, he was done.

Wilder didn't hurt him once in that fight and was never going to in the state he was in after the 6th.

Comment

Working...
                      X