Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Martinez is missing a knuckle in his left hand

Joe Frazier was half blind in one eye

Comment

pacquiao made his breakthrough moment during the first barrera fight by giving the mexican his only real ko defeat up to this day. pacquiao earned just over a a million. on the behest of his mother, pacquiao willingly gave almost half to charity, himself giving out basic goods and cash to hundreds of poor people lined up just outside his (old) house. he later bought numerous properties and mansions after a string of knock out victories.

Comment

Angulo had a warrant here in mexicali for KOing a cop

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
          (yes I got this thread idea from another forum)

Any interesting facts that you know about specific boxers that a large population of boxing fans might not be aware of?

Please don't post fake or slanderous garbage.

I'll start with two easy ones.

-Miguel Cotto was actually born in Rhode Island

-Antonio Margarito was actually born in California
          Manny Pacquio used to be promoted by Murad Muhammad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            pacquiao made his breakthrough moment during the first barrera fight by giving the mexican his only real ko defeat up to this day. pacquiao earned just over a a million. on the behest of his mother, pacquiao willingly gave almost half to charity, himself giving out basic goods and cash to hundreds of poor people lined up just outside his (old) house. he later bought numerous properties and mansions after a string of knock out victories.
            Real KO is where a guy gets punched to the ground and doesn't get up for a 10 count. A real KO didn't happen in that fight.

To add to the topic though ---

Yori Boy Campas said that his team sabotaged him against Vargas by using vicks on his nose in between rounds knowing it would spread around his face and **** up his vision.

JMM is a reggae fan.

Comment

I heard somewhere that Roberto Duran was viciously beating some guy in the ring to the point where his opponents mother got in the ring to give him some verbal abuse so he knocked her out.

Can anyone verify this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Bump.......

Orlin Norris was a big boy...thank gawd Shane stopped it

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                  I heard somewhere that Roberto Duran was viciously beating some guy in the ring to the point where his opponents mother got in the ring to give him some verbal abuse so he knocked her out.

Can anyone verify this?
                  i hope they have that on blu ray

Comment

I got one that everyone in Oxnard knows. Don't think many people outside of Oxnard would know though.

Before Robert Garcia opened up his gym and become such a renowned trainer, he worked as a security guard at my old high school. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post

Can anyone verify this?
                      Read the same thing its in his biography "Hands of Stone" the authors last name is Guidice

Comment

Working...
                      X