Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greater Official Fighter of the Decade Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Not count him as a win for the decade that Pac won the award for... Just like you won't count Pac Flyweight title.
    ok thanks for the clarification.

should I replace it with De La Hoya?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Who is the greater fighter overall? Or who had the better decade?

Clottey was in 2010. He shouldn't count for the decade win
      As far as Clotty being counted in 2010, well... he should be, since the end of the decade, which began in Jan. 2001, is at the end of 2010. Many "experts " were ignorant of this and regarded the end of the decade as being 2009, which is incorrect. This was sufficiently brought out at the end of the infamous "computer" scam, which cost the world umpteen billions of dollars in retooling and replacing, since the dum-dumbs were expecting the computers to go haywire at the end of the year 1999 causing world chaos. 2000 was really the beginning of the last year of the 90's decade, so the expected disasters were finally supposed to have happened at the end of the year 2000.

We're still waiting, but not on a mountain top......

Perhaps many of you don't remember, but..................look at it like this; a decade has a duration of 10 full years. THAT IS (counting from "scratch)....; 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.==10.

As for Jones, as far as I recall, he held 7 world titles simultaneously, although a few were not highly regarded, like the IBO, and a couple of others I can't bring to memory.

And, again, it has been amply accepted, that Manny P. although beginning his title career in the very light weights, when he was a kid, and still growing, was actually a slimmed and starved down welterweight, very much as Hopkins, a light heavy, was a middleweight. So the majority of his titles ( after full growth achieved) were obtained as a welterweight fighting down. Jones on the other hand was a genuine light-middle who, ending at heavyweight, was fighting up.

So apart from the ultimate consideration that Jones was likely unique, a one-of-a-kind, who's feats of "magic" produced gasps of incredulity, for me anyway, was the greater of the two, even without the collection of titles. Jones clearly was so superior in every division he was in, that apart from beating (VERY decisively) the top few before ascending upwards, was regarded as having cleaned out each division. Except of course, heavyweight, where he would eventually have been physically overcome.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
        Ok I see your reasoning. So basically your saying for 2010 to be counted, the whole year has to be complete?

In that case I'll take Clottey out.
        No, he is saying 2010 doesnt count on the previous decade.

ok so what should I do with clottey?
        Goddam. Dont make a thread about a decade if you dont know what a decade is.

ok thanks for the clarification.

should I replace it with De La Hoya?
        What is wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          A decade is 10 years son.

1990 - 1999
          2000 - 2009
          WELL Dad, you are wrong, the decade correctly began on Jan.1st 2001. Do you not recall the great Y2000 scam???

The only way a decade could be regarded as valid, would be by regarding it as "10" meaning 10 years beginning at any time, say from 12.01 a.m. of April 1st 1944, to the LAST stroke of 12.00 midnight of March, 1954.

A year is NOT OVER until the LAST tick of the last second of the last hour of the 31st of December..

THERE WAS NO YEAR ZERO.. THERE IS NO YEAR ZERO.. THERE NEVER WILL BE A YEAR ZERO. !!!

Sorry about all that..

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            WELL Dad, you are wrong, the decade correctly began on Jan.1st 2001. Do you not recall the great Y2000 scam???

The only way a decade could be regarded as valid, would be by regarding it as "10" meaning 10 years beginning at any time, say from 12.01 a.m. of April 1st 1944, to the LAST stroke of 12.00 midnight of March, 1954.

A year is NOT OVER until the LAST tick of the last second of the last hour of the 31st of December..

THERE WAS NO YEAR ZERO.. THERE IS NO YEAR ZERO.. THERE NEVER WILL BE A YEAR ZERO. !!!

Sorry about all that..
            But there was a year "10" ending the first C.E. decade.

Comment

Originally posted by manok uli View Post
              No, he is saying 2010 doesnt count on the previous decade.

Goddam. Dont make a thread about a decade if you dont know what a decade is.

What is wrong with you?

lol somebody's got a hangup.............

Deal with your stress elsewhere please.

Comment

in boxing, the decade is 0-9.

Comment

What about this???

This contretemps brings to mind what I can only, copying the famous British statesman, describe as "a paradox wrapped up in an enigma", and I have often thought of posting it as a ;thread topic' , being only deterred by the fact that I don't know how.

When a fighter is KD'd. the timekeeper begins the count, which, as the ref's eyes are on the fighters, he doesn't see from the start, he picks it up after the count has begun.

Now, at what exact point does the timekeeper begin his count???

If the keeper begins with "1" AS SOON as the fighter hits the canvas, NO TIME has yet passed, and, since the rule states that there must be a count of TEN (seconds), as soon as the ref utters the word TEN and waves the fight off, the fighter is being cheated out of a full 2 seconds {the very 1st second and the very last second} which might have served him to arise fully, ready to continue.

If the keeper waits until the 1st second has passed, before uttering "1" as perhaps rightly, he should, then the fighter should be counted out when the 10 count is finished at the very last microsecond of the "10".

Confusing isn't it?? No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                    in boxing, the decade is 0-9.
                    Your comment reminds me of the "Irish" joke about the poor woman watching the battalion from the local barracks march past, in which her son served. As it passed, she called out, full of emotion, "There he goes God Bless 'im, the only wan in shtep"......

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      Your comment reminds me of the "Irish" joke about the poor woman watching the battalion from the local barracks march past, in which her son served. As it passed, she called out, full of emotion, "There he goes God Bless 'im, the only wan in shtep"......
                      Thread derailed......

Comment

Working...
                      X