No announcement yet.

Ali--Frazier II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali--Frazier II

In round 2 of this fight, Ali had Frazier in trouble and the referee stepped in because Frazier lost his mouthpiece?? What would have happened if the ref hadn't stepped in?

if he didn't i would of predicted that a nucleur bomb would of hit the planet earth.
    Whew! lucky the referee stepped in. Na sorry, i'm bored. Anyway although frazier was hurt he would of never gived up, in there 3rd fight frazier was hurt in a few occasions by ali but still kept on coming.

Comment

I think Frazier was stunned in that round but not on the verge of being stopped like some have said. I think the best Ali would have done is knocked him down but it wouldn`t have made that much of difference except increase his points lead at the end!

Comment

this was the 2nd most lopsided defeat of frazier's career (under foreman-frazier I). ali wanted revenge from the first fight, and boy, did he get it. ali weighed less in ali-frazier II (212) than in I (215) and III (224 1/2). he was in better shape and his focus was defeaning. besides, he needed the work for the title shot against foreman in the legendary "rumble in the jungle". frazier on the other hand was not into it and was still mentally hurting from his first professional loss to the hydrogen bomb throwing "big" george foreman. frazier did not stand a chance, and it was, of course, the butterfly's (ali) time to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          this was the 2nd most lopsided defeat of frazier's career (under foreman-frazier I). ali wanted revenge from the first fight, and boy, did he get it. ali weighed less in ali-frazier II (212) than in I (215) and III (224 1/2). he was in better shape and his focus was defeaning. besides, he needed the work for the title shot against foreman in the legendary "rumble in the jungle". frazier on the other hand was not into it and was still mentally hurting from his first professional loss to the hydrogen bomb throwing "big" george foreman. frazier did not stand a chance, and it was, of course, the butterfly's (ali) time to shine.
          Yeah, very true. Also, i remember Ali looked really good, and in great condition, it was the last fight where he danced totally, his energy level was never as high again!

Comment

kimmy is my main man, my true confedaunt in boxing. We are definitely on da same page. he is not blinded by the countless ali playa haters that say that small rocky marciano could beat him lol.

Comment

he is not blinded by the countless ali playa haters that say that small rocky marciano could beat him lol.
              What about Louis and Holmes? How would they fare?

Comment

louis and holmes (especially holmes) would have done better, but the outcome would be the same.

Comment

Working...
                X