Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good would Bradley be without his muscles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good would Bradley be without his muscles?

Heard quite a lot people say that Bradley's extra muscles dont really help his boxing ability. So how do you think he would be if he had less muscle?

Would he be looser with better technique, maybe even punch harder?

Does his extra bulk suit his style to the extend it would be a hindrance if he didnt have it?

Or it just a case that it neither positively or negatively affects his boxing so making it a neutral factor.

negative
    46.15%
    positive
    15.38%
    nuetral
    38.46%

I dont think he'd be alive without his muscles

Comment

same shit aint like he hurting dudes.

Comment

He's an athlete, he does a variety of training exercises and weight lifting routines. It's not like he is a hulking behemoth or something, he has "all that muscle" yet weighs in at 147.

His physique is the result of torturous training.....that's what happens when you work your arse off.

Comment

that's like asking how paul williams would do without his tall physique....

Comment

Does he really have 'extra bulk' or is he just more ripped than most other fighters?

Comment

As good as he'd be without a skeleton.
              Last edited by A.K.A; 02-08-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I dont think he'd be alive without his muscles
                thanks for that

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                same shit aint like he hurting dudes.
                fair... though an argument can be made that less muscle mass can leave you looser and more able deliver punches, thus making them harder. Im not claiming expertise in this but from what ive seen in the gym when guys bulk up too much they tend to lose a little power. However i cant imagine Bradley pulling off his style without the extra body mass being able to bully guys in the ring

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                He's an athlete, he does a variety of training exercises and weight lifting routines. It's not like he is a hulking behemoth or something, he has "all that muscle" yet weighs in at 147.

His physique is the result of torturous training.....that's what happens when you work your arse off.
                I would never doubt his commitment or work ethic. Just a question that popped into my head... also if he is weighing in at 140/147 with that physique is it not possible he could have been better at a lower weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Heard quite a lot people say that Bradley's extra muscles dont really help his boxing ability. So how do you think he would be if he had less muscle?

Would he be looser with better technique, maybe even punch harder?

Does his extra bulk suit his style to the extend it would be a hindrance if he didnt have it?

Or it just a case that it neither positively or negatively affects his boxing so making it a neutral factor.

Bradley muscles are a big part of what he does in the ring...He imposes his strength on his opponents..His strength is how he position himself and how he smothers and takes punches well..It's a weird question tbh,but I think he'd be worse off without his muscles(lol)...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Bradley muscles are a big part of what he does in the ring...He imposes his strength on his opponents..His strength is how he position himself and how he smothers and takes punches well..It's a weird question tbh,but I think he'd be worse off without his muscles(lol)...
                    I think you have understood my terribly worded question! thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X