Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"real" vs. "fake" boxing fan. your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    lmao and the here come the haters that don't know **** about boxing

Pac looked great against Marquez and Mosley. He didn't knock them out but he dominated them in every conceivable way that boxing fights are supposed to be scored. And neither of them have EVER been knocked out before and they ran for dear life so how you gonna hold that against Pac?

And who else fought 2 first ballot HOFers in 7 months? No one would even dream of doing that except Pac.

I also completely agree with Froch being ahead of Andre "I get cut with headgear and pillows on" Ward

The only problem I have with the list is BHop shouldn't be on there after that embarrasing display he put on against Dawson. Wlad should be there and Vitali/Khan should be there.
    Observe the bold, your telling me that I can't say this dude knows nothing about boxing & isn't a fake?

There is no way on earth that Pacman dominated Marquez.

Comment

what matters most is that they are fan of the sport fake or not.

Comment

Guys tell us what's a casual fan and a hardcore fan, also is there fans who are neither but have some good knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by masuka View Post
          Boxing fans stream fights in the net. Casual fans buy PPV.
          You know that ain't true

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post

So they would welcome any new fans, whether they only like one fighter or not.

Real fans dont dismiss the opinions of other fans regardless of there level of knowledge.

We were all new to the sport at one time or another and most of us got into boxing because of one fighter, in my case Chris Eubank, I used to hate Nigel Benn and fans that liked him but now he is one of my favorite fighters.

Boxing needs all the fans it can get if its to return to the glory days.

Real fans know this.
            That is true and I never said anything about their knowledge or participation.

But how long can you follow one fighter for? Or is just watching PPV's ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
              That is true and I never said anything about their knowledge or participation.

But how long can you follow one fighter for? Or is just watching PPV's ok?
              Boxing has and always will thrive on casual fans.

Thats what boxing has over mma is that is breaks through to mainstream society. Its on the news. Its in the papers.

I watch most fights in pubs (bars in us).

Cotto v Marg will have about 10-20 there to watch the fight. When Tyson fought you could not move in a pub. Mundine v Green was crazy in here in Aus. There was a 1000+ people there. 95% of them had never heard of Julio Cesar Chavez, but they were there watching boxing in their droves.

They all talk like they know boxing and i know i know way more but i dont feel like im a better fan or im special because they are what makes boxing. Not hardcore fans that will watch any fight.

Boxing just needs to make more of these epic fights. The odd casual becomes hardcore and you build from there.

Comment

"hardcore" boxing fans hurt the sport more than casual fans to be honest.

Comment

Some fans think they are more real, because they've entered a basic boxing course in their local gym, and have maybe even met a known boxer in their real life. But, boxing is not just the sport but the whole circuss behind it, just like Formula 1, NFL, Basketball and so on. And that shows in the PPV numbers as well - good boxers interesting to the general public are getting better PPV buys than just good boxers. And most of these are casual fans interested in boxing but not all the details - doesn't mean they aren't fans.

Comment

Difference between a FAKE and Casual.

For example a fake boxing fan(really a floyd mayweather fan) would try and tell you some dumb shyt like Genaro Hernandez is a Hall of Famer.

A casual fan would just admit he has only watched Floyd's last 11 fights(since the Gatti fight)

Comment

real fans would tell you that pacqiao has been the best fighter in the last decade

mayweather had the most potential from anyone they ever saw but didn't fight enough to cement that potential

and that amir khan is probably going to be next in line as P4P king

Comment

Working...
                      X