No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Canelo Won Clearly, He Broke Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    Tough times for GGG fans. GGG talked KO and couldn’t deliver, then loses a close decision. The way to avoid close losses is to win the fight decisively, GGG didn’t do that no matter how many 115-113 cards people cite.

GGG’s whole legacy is shot now.

Canelo fought exactly the way Crykin wanted, and he still couldn't deal with him

too much Mexican for the fake Mexican

even Sanchez admitted that Golovkin either would not, or could not, shift up a gear and take it to Canelo

they got exactly what they asked for, and they couldn't deal with it

Comment

• "Broke" is to harsh! I think he simply took the play away from G and it took G time to adjust. I thought Canelo would fight the way G fought and win. I did not expect him to take center so much and look to back G off!

Broke did not happen but he "influenced" hard!

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        outlanded in 8 of 12 rounds with 1 round being a tie, which means Canelo only outlanded ggg in 3 rounds. The only fighter visibly hurt was Canelo (in the 10th) the 28 yr old clearly lost the championship rounds to the 36 yr old defending champion and was out worked throughout the fight. Those are facts, everything else you listed is subjective. You say Canelo had better defense because he used some nice head slips but still got punched more than his opponent. Ring generalship? Because he came forward? He still got out worked. Effective aggression - subjective. Throwing and landing more punches sounds like it's more effective and aggressive. Clean hard punching - canelo had the edge in power shots but still was the only one who got hurt. Popping heads back with a jab isn't a clean hard punch? Clearly you've never set foot in a ring.

" out-landed "..... according to who ?

compubox ?

GTFOH

the very first word in your post is wrong lol

this is not the amateurs kid, volume is not valid scoring criteria

Canelo got a clean sweep on the 4 official scoring criteria.....

* clean hard punching
        * effective aggression
        * ring generalship
        * defence
        which is why boxing insiders are saying that Canelo won, and you muppets are running around doing what you always do..... cry because your guy lost

Jabkin told Canelo to stand and fight like a Mexican..... but when Canelo obliged, Jabkin started getting his face rearranged by a REAL Mexican so he got on his bike

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          that is because you are just a silly fanboy who DKSAB

what hurt the most..... watching Pac getting stretched out like a used condom, or watching Golovkin get lit up like a christmas tree by a REAL Mexican?

You responding to me when I say I don't read what you write must drive you insane. You are looking for attention. If you agree, go ahead and respond. I won't know what you wrote because I don't read anything you write but I'll know you responded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
            You responding to me when I say I don't read what you write must drive you insane. You are looking for attention. If you agree, go ahead and respond. I won't know what you wrote because I don't read anything you write but I'll know you responded.

no, I just like laughing at you for steadfastly refusing to acknowledge when I spank you.....

take your medicine loser

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              " out-landed "..... according to who ?

compubox ?

GTFOH

the very first word in your post is wrong lol

which is why boxing insiders are saying that Canelo won, and you muppets are running around doing what you always do..... cry because your guy lost

Jabkin told Canelo to stand and fight like a Mexican..... but when Canelo obliged, Jabkin started getting his face rearranged by a REAL Mexican so he got on his bike

I've heard some dumb arguments before but you trying to debate that Canelo landed more punches is near the top of the list. Just stop the foolery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                I've heard some dumb arguments before but you trying to debate that Canelo landed more punches is near the top of the list. Just stop the foolery.

trust a Golovkin fan to have no clue how to score a fight

you casuals are embarrassing yourselves

Comment

• lol at people saying that Canelo was trying to fight "mexican style" and that should be the reason he won. last time i checked, this sport is called "boxing" not "mexican style". Props to Canelo for standing there and looking to give the fans a good fight but that should not give you an edge in scoring. Sick of hearing canelo should of got the nod because he won "the story of the fight".

In the first fight, the aggressor GGG didnt get an ounce of credit for that so lets not be hypocrites

GGG should be allowed to win a boxing match by doing just, "boxing". To me GGG won 7 rounds and he did it, not by being the "big bad boogeyman" with a 6th round knockout, but by boxing and land more effective shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                    lol at people saying that Canelo was trying to fight "mexican style" and that should be the reason he won. last time i checked, this sport is called "boxing" not "mexican style". Props to Canelo for standing there and looking to give the fans a good fight but that should not give you an edge in scoring. Sick of hearing canelo should of got the nod because he won "the story of the fight".

In the first fight, the aggressor GGG didnt get an ounce of credit for that so lets not be hypocrites

GGG should be allowed to win a boxing match by doing just, "boxing". To me GGG won 7 rounds and he did it, not by being the "big bad boogeyman" with a 6th round knockout, but by boxing and land more effective shots.

last time I checked, these were the ONLY valid scoring criteria....

* clean hard punching
                    * effective aggression
                    * ring generalship
                    * defence
                    which of the ONLY valid scoring criteria was Golovkin superior ?

people saying that Canelo beat Golovkin at his own game, or saying that Canelo lumped up Golovkin's face..... are not saying that is why he won the fight..... but, they are 100% correct..... and yep, you better believe that the judges also noticed those things

Comment

• * clean hard punching
                      * effective aggression
                      * ring generalship
                      * defence

and anybody else can feel free to answer that question as well ?

Comment

Working...
                      X