Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people think they can box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have an exhibition but I have sparred 3 pros so I think I can call myself a boxer.

Comment

Its the only sport that probably wasn't made up by a 5 year old first....

Creation Of Boxing:
      Mustached Man-Now look here sir that there is my seat you have lifted from my road weary behind
      Simpleton-I bet I can whoop yoooou
      Mustached Man-That is a rediculous carbuncle of the debauchery of the "firsties" rule. I will accept your challenge but I warn you my simple friend I am a man not to be trifled with, this here mustache is testament to my man hood
      -They step outside-
      Bam Whap Sock Boom Whap Sock

Creation Of Soccer:
      Kid that thinks hes boss: You HAVE to kick the ball between here and here, no hands allowed!
      Other Kid: (picks up ball and throws it)
      Kid that thinks hes boss: PENALTY! YOU CHEATER! I HATE YOU!

My imaginations running rampant today it seems.

i box, ive had 3 bouts and must have sparred over 200 rounds

Comment

I can box pretty well, i never done boxing but im doing muay thai kickboxing, i have done it for 5 years.Also ive been watching boxing for many years and learn something new every time i watch.I try to analyze what they do in the ring from small movements like feints,all their combinations and why they do the things they do.

Comment

You know, i have never felt more like a boxer than the past week. I forgot to tell myself that and it fcuked with my head.

Comment

how do you know you have it in you?i personally love the sport of boxing.im trying to put 2 and 2 together but i dont think that really determines it.i love the sport and my work ethic is go go go and go untill your done.

Comment

I have 7 amateur fights (5 wins) but I still don't think I can "box". I need to work on footwork, headmovement, straightening up my punches, improving defense etc. I've only been training for about 8 months.

I've had some success, but I'm just now starting to become a boxer instead of just a guy in the ring throwing punches.

Comment

I can box, but as anyone who is really into boxing, I know that I have a room for improvement.

Comment

I'm whatever ppl think.I'll let them be the judge.

Comment

Who cares, there are alot of delusional people, but it doesnt really effect the people who can actuallly box.. once they start getting deeper into boxing and getting into the serious stuff will show if they are any good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by skyler View Post
                      Who cares, there are alot of delusional people, but it doesnt really effect the people who can actuallly box.. once they start getting deeper into boxing and getting into the serious stuff will show if they are any good or not.
                      Yes this is true. Boxing really tells what you're made of. It's a tough ass sport. To me, that's real fighting. Civilized, refinded, intellegent, savage...you know all that stuff. I agree with that one fellow who knows he can box, but he still feels that he doesn't. This is a game where you really need your confidence. Nothing is more pivotal than your confidence when you're in the ring.

Boxing and soccer are probably the two sports where there are huge margins between different classes and skill level.

Comment

Working...
                      X