Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to build muscles and get stronger etc. without the gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build muscles and get stronger etc. without the gym.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can build all of my muscles without going to the gym?

At the moment I have hardly any spare cash. My wage is about £13, 000 per year. Therefore, I cannot afford the gym. In fact, I have never had gym membership.

I have two 5kg dumb-bells and that is it. I have been using them for about two years and all I have is large biceps.

i've built a good amount of muscle on simply jumping up and down steps and jumping as high as i can on one leg at a time, doing explosive pushups and always really pushing myself, never touched a weight in my life

even through cardio you can gain some muscle, when your running, have breif interfaces of instant bursts for around 30 seconds(i mean really push yourself for those 30 seconds), carry on running normally for 30 seconds, breif burst again etc, just when you feel you can't do anymore, push yourself through another 2-5 more reps

Comment

Thank you very much man.

I really appreciate that.

By the way, what do you mean by 'explosive' push-ups?

Comment

pushups and pullups are your best friend, do them as often as u can

Comment

Originally posted by hardmanbrit View Post
          Does anyone have any advice as to how I can build all of my muscles without going to the gym?

At the moment I have hardly any spare cash. My wage is about £13, 000 per year. Therefore, I cannot afford the gym. In fact, I have never had gym membership.

I have two 5kg dumb-bells and that is it. I have been using them for about two years and all I have is large biceps.
          If you only train your biceps then you will only have large biceps. With your dumb-bells you can easily train your biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and back. Look on here for some exercises...

www.bodybuilding.com

Comment

Thank you very much man.

everything i do is explosive, cuz i wanna be a fast, powerful fighter(im gettin there) explosive pushups, clap pushups, you know? push yourself right off the floor(ur upper body anyway) and clap your hands and quickly get back into the pushup form(before you smash your nose), oh and do these as fast as possible, land and explode straight away

Comment

Thank you very much man.

Do them as hard and as fast as you can instead of slow and controlled.

Comment

Any more advice would be truly greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                  Do them as hard and as fast as you can instead of slow and controlled.

Ah right, okay.

Thanks man.

What difference will that make by the way?

Comment

Also, any ideas on how I can work the lower pectorials?

Comment

Working...
                    X