No announcement yet.

will cotto box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will cotto box?

do you guys see cotto boxing his way through the margarito fight? on paper it looks like an all out war but im sure his team are drumming into him that this would be a bad idea....

i think cottos skills will carry him through but if it becomes a war i have no idea which way its going....

im still hopefull for fight of the yar!

Originally posted by jamesc View Post
    do you guys see cotto boxing his way through the margarito fight? on paper it looks like an all out war but im sure his team are drumming into him that this would be a bad idea....

i think cottos skills will carry him through but if it becomes a war i have no idea which way its going....

im still hopefull for fight of the yar!
    Yes. and if he doesn't box in this fight he will get KTFO. Seriously. I don't see Cotto winning this fight if he decides to fight in the inside. He'll go in and out every once and a while. Thats the best choice. He'll have to go in and give Margarito a few body shots. He has to slow Margarito down one way or the other.

Comment

I think his primary gameplan will be to box but I think he'll be forced to fight his way out a few times during the fight.

Comment

I think Cotto will box. He knows that Margaritos best chance in the fight is if he can turn it into a phonebooth fight, Miguel has been using his boxing ability of late and i feel he will continue to do it and try to avoid stading toe to toe with Margarito, early in the fight. Maybe later on if he feels that Margarito is weaker he will go in for the kill.

We will see, less than one week left now!
        Last edited by T-97; 07-20-2008, 11:23 AM. Reason: Error in typing

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          I think Cotto will box. He knows that Margaritos best chance in the fight is if he can turn it into a phonebooth fight, Miguel has been using his boxing ability of late and i feel he will continue to do it and try to avoid stading toe to toe with Margarito, early in the fight. Maybe later on when he feels Margarito is weaker he will go in for the kill.

We will see, less than one week left now!
          More durable, Margarito or Mosely???

Comment

yeah i think he'll fight smart and box his way to a UD

Comment

He'll try to. If he can stick wit it he'll win the fight, I just don't see that happenin. Tony's gonna force Cotto into a brawl, and that don't favor him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                More durable, Margarito or Mosely???
                Ooops i put 'when he feels', i meant 'if he feels Margarito is weaker'. As for the question, probably Margarito. But i wouldn't say it is a land slide as Mosley is also very durable.

Comment

cotto's plan is to whoop that ass!!!hehe

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    Ooops i put 'when he feels', i meant 'if he feels Margarito is weaker'. As for the question, probably Margarito. But i wouldn't say it is a land slide as Mosley is also very durable.
                    This will be a very hard fight for Cotto. Cotto isn't gonna last if he decides to fight in the inside. How will Cotto outbox someone who is bigger and has a huge reach advantage. Plus, Margarito is working on his Jab. This will be a very good fight. I don't see Cotto winning, but its possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X