No announcement yet.

How convenient for Alex Arthur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How convenient for Alex Arthur

it just occurred to me that guzman will have to vacate his WBO superfeatherweight title if he beats katsidis for the interim lightweight title.

and we all know that...

warren boxer + vacant wbo title = another warren wbo champion

Originally posted by rooq View Post
    it just occurred to me that guzman will have to vacate his WBO superfeatherweight title if he beats katsidis for the interim lightweight title.

and we all know that...

Lol - that's a good point. It'll be Arthur vs Medina or someone like that.

Comment

Current rankings:

Champion: Joan Guzman
      01. Manny Pacquiao
      02. Koba Gogoladze
      03. Alex Arthur
      04. Rocky Juarez
      05. Kevin Mitchell
      06. Carl Johanneson
      07. Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai
      08. Jimrex Jaca
      09. Leonilo Miranda
      10. Daniel Jimenez
      11. Roman Martinez
      12. Anges Adjaho
      13. Rene Gonzalez
      14. Matias Daniel Ferreyra
      15. Fernando David Saucedo

Comment

Koba Gogoladze holds a win over Carl Johanneson and also beat Antonio Davis. His only loss was to Kid Diamond.

Apart from Pac, there aren't any scary names in that list and Pac is gunning for JMM.

Comment

Arthur vs Mitchell (didn't realise he was so high) is a fight i would like to see,it has the potential to be a great tear up. IMO Arthur deserves a title shot after defending his European title 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post

and we all know that...

could agree more, the W in WBO stands for the Warren Boxing organisation.
            do you think warren reads these posts Rooq.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
              Arthur vs Mitchell (didn't realise he was so high) is a fight i would like to see,it has the potential to be a great tear up. IMO Arthur deserves a title shot after defending his European title 3 times.
              i don't think warren will risk mitchell against arthur. but i see that johanneson is also up there and that would make a big domestic fight...

Comment

aahhhh there you go...its on frank's site...

"Alex Arthur and Nicky Cook are both closing in on world title shots with the WBO.

Former European super-featherweight king Arthur could be in line for a crack at the vacant WBO crown against WBO number two at 135 pounds, Georgia's Koba Gogoladze.

Now based in America, the 34-year-old southpaw is the NABO super-featherweight champion and has a 20-1 (8) record.

WBO number three Arthur, six years younger at 28, is 24-1 (18) and also a former British and Commonwealth champion at 135 pounds.

He is likely to get his chance if current WBO champion Joan Guzman decides to vacate his crown following his WBO lightweight title fight against Michael Katsidis, and number one Manny Pacquiao follows another route.

Meanwhile Nicky Cook, who was due to face then WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison in December before the Scotsman pulled out at the last minute, could challenge Steve Luevano.

Cook is currently WBO number two and Luevano number one, with the belt held by Juan Manuel Marquez.

But the Mexican star is due to face Marco Antonio Barrera up at super-featherweight, so may also be vacating his title.

Unbeaten 27-year-old Cook is, like Arthur, a former European, Commonwealth and British champion and has a 27-0 (15) record.

Californian Luevano is 32-1 (14) and the NABO featherweight champion.

Promoter Frank Warren says he is keen to bring both fights to the UK."

Comment

Decent fighter Alex Arthur, probably one of my favourite Brits at the moment. This is good news, I was expecting him to be chasing a title for the next 2-3 years with all the dickhead yank based boxers giving him the run around. Makes me laugh, Frank Warren must be close to holding the record for most vacant world titles won in his stable of fighters.

PS. Alex Arthur would layeth the smacketh down on Kevin Mitchell's candy ass. I wouldn't mind seeing Arthur stepping up to lightweight somewhere down the line and teaching cocky Amir how it's really done.

Comment

Working...
                  X