No announcement yet.

Successful fighters who are unskilled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    yeah 'cuz naming their accomplishments is a clear indication of how skilled they were

read how the ts defined "unskilled" u thick *******
    it absolutely is u idiot
    what he should have said was fighters who "throw caution to the wind"

u really think its possible to win accomplish any of that with no skill ? why dont u try

the is absolutely no such thing as a unskilled word champion

closest thing i can think of is valuev whos size pretty much won him a title but even his is much more skilled than any of us
    Last edited by revs1227; 01-13-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Didn't realise skill had anything to do with game plans. Yes, he lacked a defence but he used his footwork a lot of the time as a defensive tool. I didn't realise your entire game had to be good for you to be skilled either.
      didn't realise we only focus on certain aspects to define a fighter as skilled...

anyway like i already said i was going by the ts' definition...which is why i quoted him

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
        what he should have said was fighters who "throw caution to the wind"

the is absolutely no such thing as a unskilled word champion

closest thing i can think of is valuev whos size pretty much won him a title but even his is much more skilled than any of us
        ...in which case i wouldve agreed with u

Comment

Cant believe people havent said mini margarito
          Giovanni segura
          Margarito
          Angulo
          Roman martinez
          Maidana
          Rios

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            didn't realise we only focus on certain aspects to define a fighter as skilled...

anyway like i already said i was going by the ts' definition...which is why i quoted him
            We focus on what that fighter has, Hatton didn't have a defence to rate.

Hatton never plodded forward with bad footwork, game-plan has nothing to do with a fighter - maybe she meant ring IQ. He was skilled at what he did, for a while, which got him to the top. Surely the fact that he had virtually no D but yet achieved what he did shows he more than made up for the areas he was lacking in?

Comment

No fighter who has had any success at the highest level is unskilled.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                I wouldn't say he's not skilled but Mayorga comes to mind as far as going against the grain and doing things u wouldn't be taught in the gym like purposely letting a guy tee off on his face

this is a very good one.

mayorga was HUGE at WW, and probably took drugs to boil his body down to 147 for a weigh in. he had fast and heavy hands.

that said, he could hardly box. he hardly trained. he was never in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Can't wait to see who people list
                  Ricky Hatton

Comment

Unskilled my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      We focus on what that fighter has, Hatton didn't have a defence to rate.

Hatton never plodded forward with bad footwork, game-plan has nothing to do with a fighter - maybe she meant ring IQ. He was skilled at what he did, for a while, which got him to the top.
                      errr no we don't...if i were to judge a boxer by his skill there'd be at least a dozen variables i'd test: adaptability, counterpunching, defense, footwork (like u mentioned) etc. u don't judge a basketball player more by how high he jumps than how well he shoots do u? u rate both...and if he can't shoot well...then that at least makes him lesser skilled

Surely the fact that he had virtually no D but yet achieved what he did shows he more than made up for the areas he was lacking in?
                      thats one way of looking at it...another is if he had a D would he have lost to pac/may? wouldnt he have been fighting at the highest level for longer than he did? wouldnt he have accomplished more?

Comment

Working...
                      X