No announcement yet.

Amir Khan is FAST!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    Amir Con is faster than 33-yr-old Floyd and 32-yr-old Pac.

But at 24, Floyd was faster and Pac was at least as fast.
    my thoughts exactly. /thread

Comment

berto is quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
        He's faster then both IMO.
        blazin' cosign!

Comment

meh, amir looks fast but i really do not see it being useful against top class fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by MindHeist View Post
            Who does he rank with in speed? Pacquiao? Mayweather? Or is he not that fast?
            He is very young, and is probably as fast as May and manny early in a fight.

Over the course of the fight, his speed drops noticeably.

Later in fights, you notice that manny's and floyd's opponents are still troubled by their speed. Even more so. But last night, a slow-ish fighter was able to keep pace and then start timing Con as Con slowed down

But still, Con is a very talented fighter physically. but like most British fighters, he lacks chin and/or intestinal fortitude.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
              meh, amir looks fast but i really do not see it being useful against top class fighters.
              Yeah, I felt like Maidana neutralized his speed advantaged. He blocked almost all of his furies completely and pretty much had him running too much to use his speed much.

Comment

Originally posted by MindHeist View Post
                Who does he rank with in speed? Pacquiao? Mayweather? Or is he not that fast?
                I give the edge to Manny and here's why:

Rounds 1-4 Amir's handspeed is slightly faster than Manny. However Manny is able to carry his speed from rounds 1-12. Not only is Manny able to do that, but also have his power behind all of his combinations.

Amir, while his hands are indeed fast, isn't able to put alot of his power behind them (ala Gamboa) and doesn't have the ability the change his punches up in the middle of combinations like Pacquiao.

Also Manny's timing is better as well as his accurancy. Khan is improving a lot though.....but right now I would have the give the overall handspeed nod to Manny.

Comment

Freddie openly says Khan is quicker than Manny so I find it quite amusing when persons whom haven't as much as seen them both in the flesh let alone be they're day in day out trainers, try to claim otherwise.

Amir's the quickest in the sport right now, no doubt.

Comment

Faster, Gamboa might be too.

Comment

Lets remember that they fight at different weights, Khan throws faster combos than either guy, but as one poster said, both guys were faster than Amir when they were younger.

Comment

Working...
                      X