No announcement yet.

News: PACQUIAO-BRADLEY DONE FOR JUNE 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: PACQUIAO-BRADLEY DONE FOR JUNE 9

R I N G T V.com has learned that WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao and WBO junior welterweight titleholder Tim Bradley have agreed to terms for a clash that will take place on June 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Last week, ******.com reported that Top Rank CEO Bob Arum was to meet with Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, and Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin, in an effort to finalize terms for the bout.

Arum, Koncz and Dunkin convened during meetings in San Antoio, Tex., where Arum was promoting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr's HBO-televised unanimous decision in defense of his WBC belt opposite Marco Antonio Rubio, and Nonito Donaire's made his 122-pound debut with a split-decision win over Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. for the WBO's vacant junior featherweight belt at the Alamodome.

The Pacquiao-Bradley agreement was not made, however, until Monday, and it comes in the wake of WBA junior middleweight beltholder Miguel Cotto having been chosen last Wednesday by Floyd Mayweather Jr. as his May 5 opponent.

Arum also has made an offer to manager and trainer, Barry Hunter, for IBF/WBA junior welterweight titleholder Lamont Peterson to face RING lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez at the Dallas Cowboys' Stadium on July 14.

Marquez already plans to return to the ring in April for a tuneup bout, but is awaiting a decision from Peterson. Arum's plan is for the Pacquiao-Bradley winner to face the Marquez-Peterson winner in November.

Pacquiao has fought Marquez three times, battling through a draw and victories by majority decision and split-decision. Bradley handed Peterson his lone defeat in by unanimous decision in December of 2009.

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...ne-for-june-9-

this should be fun to watch

i'm setting the over/under on headbutts at 5

Comment

I wonder what the terms are.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        this should be fun to watch

i'm setting the over/under on headbutts at 5
        If it goes all 12, that's going to SAIL over.

There might be 5 in the first two rounds, lol.

Comment

10 headbutts

Comment

I'll throw points on Bradley.

Comment

Both are good fights for Floyd and Manny, though the tournament idea is s**t.

Comment

While I hate that he's not trying to fight Mayweather, good work on Pac's part that this fight is happening. I've been saying, Bradley is perfect right now if he and Mayweather aren't fighting. Prime, undefeated, smart, versatile.

Hoping for great things from Pac in this fight.

Comment

Cool for Bradley

Comment

prepare to start seeing threads criticizing Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X