Alcohol question..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol question..

Another stupied question guys..

I know beer is obviously bad for you and puts on a lot of un-needed weight. However, I was wondering if the harder types of alcohol were better to drink as far as calories go? Like your vodkas, ect.

Originally posted by Simpkon View Post

I know beer is obviously bad for you and puts on a lot of un-needed weight. However, I was wondering if the harder types of alcohol were better to drink as far as calories go? Like your vodkas, ect.
    you would be better off not drinking at all, but most fighters drink. i've seen ray leonard drink, mike tyson and a host of others when they are not training... beer and wine are better than hard liqour. also, all white liqour is better because there less additives, like sugar artificial coloring etc.. look at me sounding like a true alcoholic. whwn i fought in germany my manager used to give me a glass of wine the night before a fight, so i could relaxe and sleep. it worked too, i compiled an amateur record of 98-21...

Comment

I remember seeing a news story about how drinking a beer every so often is good for for you, and the association of beer with the "beer belly" is because people tend to eat greasy foods when drunk.

Either way, not drinking all together is the best way to go, even though it's tough.

Comment

Thanks guys..

Comment

hard liquor is FATTENING. i dont drink beer so i dont know in comparison but the average bottle of 80 proof vodka will be 1600 calories, which would be about a half lb of fat. do a calorie search of hard liquors.. oddly enough those smirnoff twists have lower calories (although they are 60 proof)

Comment

Not to mention that when you do drink hard liquor, you're more likely to eat whatever you want, which would probably contribute more to the calorie intake than the actual drink itself.

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
              hard liquor is FATTENING. i dont drink beer so i dont know in comparison but the average bottle of 80 proof vodka will be 1600 calories, which would be about a half lb of fat. do a calorie search of hard liquors.. oddly enough those smirnoff twists have lower calories (although they are 60 proof)
              wow, i actually did do a calorie search. that's pretty ridiculous when you consider what goes into making a whiskey/bourbon, or vodka. doesn't seem like the calories would add up.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
                I remember seeing a news story about how drinking a beer every so often is good for for you, and the association of beer with the "beer belly" is because people tend to eat greasy foods when drunk.
                This is because alcohol ****s up your blood sugar levels and makes them fluctuate so much that you crave that kebab or pizza. Losing your senses might also have something to do with why you might walk into the chippy instead of the Subway.

Alcohol is bad for you and will make you feel like a bum. Beer is disgusting and smells like poo, I don't know how the fuck bums drink it and find it refreshing. It's for cretins and uncivilised peeps. A dirty redneck drink! the taste alone makes me sick. Wine smells like piss and tastes like vinegar. Bacardi, JD and Champagne taste ace but I doubt spirits or bubbly is much good for you either!

They are all the same and should be drunk in extreme moderation if you want to be a fighter. I limit it to every 3-4 months when I go on hols, which is about 3-4 times a year max. Even then it is maybe 2-3 shots of JD/Bacardi, or a few flutes of Champagne if I'm clebrating something. Nothing in small amounts will fuck you up, even weed! Just make sure you have it quarterly and not even monthly. Even monthly is too much as it takes about a week for ya mind, body, and soul to clear. That'll take 3 months of training out of your year.

Comment

as far as calories yes, or it depends how strong you mix and what you mix with.

a pint of beer is bout 200 and an ounce of booze is 70kcal. a small straight serving with booze ore mix with sugar soda is less kcals than beer yes.

i dont se the big problem with an accasional drink

Comment

i didnt know the term beer belly came from the fact people ate fattening foods when drunk. i thought that the yeast in the beer made your put on weight and pudgy.

Comment

Working...
                    X