Nutrition Summary
    Calories (kcal)
    Protein (g)
    Carbohydrate (g)
    Fat (g)
    Fibre (g)
    Fruit & Veg
    Water (litres)

Hi i was wondering if someone could tell me if this is an ok diet with everthing i will need.. also it includes 3 cups of green tea a day and multi vitimins

thanks
    Alex

What exercise are you doing to accompany you're diet? its all relative.

Comment

a hour in total on the heavy bag and weights on monday wed and friday with some biking and running wen i feel like it

Comment

that should be fine for weight loss, don't be to concerned about water consumption going over won't harm you just make sure you drink with your meals and whilst exercising, and if you start feeling weak add a couple of energy bars to the diet to give you a boost, something like oats in the morning is a good building block for the day as its a slow release energy food, just don't go at it too hard as steady weight loss is the key.

Comment

yea thanks for ya help

Comment

No that diet would be absolutely horrible for you. The calories in that diet is extremely low. How much do you weigh? How old are you? What level of physical activity do you have? Your basal metabolism is probably around 2k, your basal metabolism is the calories your body uses in a day to sustain yourself. If you don't get them from food your body will find other ways... and burning fat is at the bottom of that list of ways.
            Last edited by Count Patron; 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

count have you got msn maybe u can help me there?

Comment

I use AIM: Count Patron

Hit me up if you have any specific questions, but... all the resources to find a healthy diet for yourself are available online. I am bored so maybe I'll drop some knowledge into this thread. However this is all pretty simplified and in a nut shell, it's very complex how your body works and responds to food.

Basically when your body fuels itself it needs a fuel source, obviously enough. It's favorite thing is carbohydrates; they are very easy and fast to burn. Carbs is what powers the majority of your energy use in your body. However, your brain and central nervous system rely on lipids (fats) to power the nervous system. So when you eat very little calories your body does not understand that you are trying to lose weight, your body just goes into shock and tries to survive because it doesn't know when you'll get your next meal.

What is the most important system in your body? Your central nervous system. Since it is powered by fats that is what your body tries to hold onto when in starvation mode. Your body will burn protein, since proteins is mainly for structure and muscle, while important secondary (and way below secondary) to brain function. So it is important to provide your body enough raw energy that it does not believe it is starving. This is why when some people eat very little food they feel weak, hard to concentrate and generally do not lose much fat.

The next thing you need to take in account is that your body burns calories by you just existing. Your heart beating, digesting food, creating new cells, etc all uses energy... this doesn't even factor in you moving. So the sum of all this energy used is called your basal metabolism. If you go below that your body will go into starvation mode within a day or two of sailing below that line. Then since you don't just lay in bed every day and you are physically active, you have to account for even more calories that you need to consume.

The final thing I will talk about is glycemic index. Basically think of food as fuel. If you throw a log on a fire it will slowly let off energy as it burns, this would be an example of a food source with a low glycemic index (GI). If you throw gasoline on a fire it will quickly burn and release a large amount of energy (sugar). A classic and important example of this is white bread vs whole wheat. When your body eats white bread the energy is released very rapidly and your body has to deal with all the sugar at once. When your body eats whole wheat it's a slower release and your body is able to uptake the sugar in a more controlled manner. When you eat foods with a high GI (high sugar content) your body releases a large amount of insulin to deal with the sugars. When your insulin spikes your body goes into storage mode, it assumes that you do not need all of that sugar at once and stores it for later.

So the ramifications of how your body responds to sugar is that if you eat large meals filled with high sugars you will convert more into fat. If you space your meals out throughout the day... say maybe 6 medium-smallish meals instead of 3 large meals your body will be able to use more energy instead of a big spike and you'll feel more energized throughout the day with less crashes.

A good rule is the more a food is processed (human made: white flour, artificial sweeteners, etc) the higher it's GI is going to be. Below is a website where you can check foods and find out what to avoid, it's pretty much common sense though.

Water is also very important. An easy check is if your pee is not clear, you are not drinking enough water.

It is a very complex subject, but basically there are three websites I would encourage you to check out, read and understand:

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

http://health.discovery.com/tools/ca...sal/basal.html

http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx - Use this website to find yourself a healthy diet. I personally avoid milk as it has a lot of sugar and nasty hormones in it. I would recommend a calcium pill and just sticking to water.

Comment

NO GOOD unless you are 5ft tall.

give me your weight, height and training schedule.

Comment

Great links Count, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X