No announcement yet.

Protecting a glass Knuckle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting a glass Knuckle?

My knuckle on the index finger of my jab hand is constantly hurting to the point I need to take time off training. I've tried two hand wraps, putting a pad of gauze on it does anybody have experience with this sort of an injury.

Yes, and it will take 4x as long to heal unless you have a break frm training.

Comment

I suggest waiting for it to heal, load up on vitamin D and calcium.

Then get the Winning NG2 gel knuckle guards to use with your handwraps, they help a ton.

http://winning-usa.com/extraitems.html

Comment

I hurt the middlefinger on my left hand right below the knuckle so it hurts when i land a punch. I gave it six weeks rest and it didn't improve much, i couldn't stand to rest anymore so now im back in training. I use gel wraps and because of those wraps i can punch without pain, the finger dosen't get worse but it also dosen't get better... can't decide what to do really i hope it heals eventually because i can't stand months of no heavybag or sparring just hoping it heals sooner or later...

Comment

Originally posted by sevenone View Post
          My knuckle on the index finger of my jab hand is constantly hurting to the point I need to take time off training. I've tried two hand wraps, putting a pad of gauze on it does anybody have experience with this sort of an injury.
          what size and brand of gloves are you using?

try a sponge(in conjunction with your wrap, over the knuckles, not wet in the least or it will leak and wreck your gloves but damp enough to not be rock hard (right out of the package is ideal.)
          and bigger gloves

i'm talking huge gloves
          18 oz or more for your bag work

i literally have 24 oz gloves and will use them if i'm going to hit the bag hard (i'm about 235-240 lbs, 18 or 20 oz will likely be fine if you're on the smaller side)
          they look like i'm wearing pillows, but its almost impossible to hurt your knuckles with a glove that big if your hand is wrapped correctly
          you can damage other parts of the hand and wrist, but your knuckles should be safe

everybody's hands get sore if they train hard and consistently

if you're feeling like you're hurting/damaging your hands from repetitive straign from jabbing it sounds like you might need a break from hitting the heavybag, mitts, and sparring
          if they are real bad, take a break completely
          no speedbag or double end bag, no shadowboxing, nothing
          ice and rest and let the thing heal
          you are going to need those hands for the rest of your life, boxing or otherwise
          and if you do expect to take boxing seriously down the road i'm sure you know that damaged hands can completely ruin a career

Comment

General Improvements:

• Important performance improvement for users of the network database. Any dialog that displays the list of all stock materials displays more quickly
            • New licence option for Vericut application
            • Improvements to the tool database
            • Installer improvements when writing INI files in FeatureCAM
            • Delcam has traditionally issued FeatureCAM 'minor releases'* with the same maintenance date as the original version release. For example, FeatureCAM 2009 v15.1, v15.2 and v15.3 all had the same maintenance date as the original release of FeatureCAM 2009, v15.0. This meant that users whose maintenance expired just after the release of FeatureCAM 2009 potentially had free access to new functionality and bug fixes for up to 12 months!

Comment

Thanks guys. Can someone elaborate on the sponge vs a pad?

Comment

I punched someone in the top of their head, created a micro-fracture one of my knuckles and it never really healed. Even now (8 years later) jabbing someone with 16oz gloves on and heavily wrapped, it still hurts.

I'd take a long lay off if I was you, I didn't and I'm paying for it now.

Comment

Take a lay off mate. I've made a mistake in carrying on after I damaged my knuckle, and now it's much worse. It's got to the point where my knuckle hasn't healed properly because I carried on sparring and hitting the bag. Don't risk further damage.

Comment

Originally posted by sevenone View Post
                    yeah i had...turned out it was a broken bone...get an ultrasound check

Comment

Working...
                    X