No announcement yet.

How did ya score Marquez-Vazquez 3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did ya score Marquez-Vazquez 3?

I haven't scored it yet, so I'm curious, it was a very close fight.

I Cant remember my exact scre but i thought Marquez squeaked it. 1 point up i had him i think, not sure but i defo thought he won but then in that type of fight it really could have gone either way

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      I Cant remember my exact scre but i thought Marquez squeaked it. 1 point up i had him i think, not sure but i defo thought he won but then in that type of fight it really could have gone either way
      I think I had Vazquez up by 1 going into the 12th and the final knockdown (ropes held Marquez up) sealed it. Great fights!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I think I had Vazquez up by 1 going into the 12th and the final knockdown (ropes held Marquez up) sealed it. Great fights!
        I think their fights are better than Ward vs Gatti's and Morales vs Barrera's as u know That is really saying something!

The fight in discussion is the best they had also imo

U had Izzy one up, i had Raffa the same - just one of those fights! I actually felt at the time a draw would have been fair and a nice way to finish the trilogy, that didnt happen then Raffa smashed a worn out Izzy in their fourth battle.

Comment

i think the score was pretty much on even keel with what the fight generated through punch stats i would like to see a change in the way a fight is scored to eliminate a lot of controversial decisions boxing needs to make changes in its scoring system to ensure accuracy towards the final scoring results

Comment

I had it dead-even after eleven, making Vazquez a two-point winner. It was hands-down their best fight, even allowing for how memorable their previous two had been. This fight had everything --- blood, knockdowns, a dramatic & unforeseeable comeback (played out over several enthralling rounds), controversy, & a grandstand finish. I deem it second only to Morales-Barrera I as the best fight of the decade (IMO, Vazquez-Marquez III was of an even higher standard than Corrales-Castillo I, & that sapeaks volumes).

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
              I had it dead-even after eleven, making Vazquez a two-point winner. It was hands-down their best fight, even allowing for how memorable their previous two had been. This fight had everything --- blood, knockdowns, a dramatic & unforeseeable comeback (played out over several enthralling rounds), controversy, & a grandstand finish. I deem it second only to Morales-Barrera I as the best fight of the decade (IMO, Vazquez-Marquez III was of an even higher standard than Corrales-Castillo I, & that sapeaks volumes).
              Yea, I think that trilogy was awesome. It may have been overlooked only because its a lower division trilogy, in comparison to Gatti-Ward. I guess this trilogy proved wrong that rule "when a boxer meets a puncher, boxer wins".

Now that I think of it, this trilogy has some similarities with Barrera-Morales; Vazquez is Barrera and Marquez is Morales in this case. Marquez won the first fight somewhat controversially (tho it was a right stoppage), then Vazquez won the third thanks to a strong finish, much like Barrera.
              Last edited by Pastrano; 04-20-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I had it close but clearly for Vazquez. That knockdown sealed it for me. I had it like 113-111, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                  \Vazquez-Marquez III was of an even higher standard than Corrales-Castillo I.
                  HOW DARE YOU!

Comment

Working...
                  X