• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by horge View Post
    Gallo,

All I can do is lay out why it might make sense to the fighters themselves
    and to their outfits. Fact remains that Cotto doesn't mind making 145,
    and Roach wants 142-144.

I don't see the problem to a point where I'd rather not see them fight.
    ..you DO want to see them fight, no?
    Without a doubt I'd love to see that scrap and would watch it either way,

I'm just more traditional I guess.

Comment

• Pacman holds the Ace so Cotto or Mosley should either agree to it or not.....

it is Roach's duty to protect his fighter and fight at the weight were it would be "fair" to both of them.

while it is true that Pac fought DLH at 147 lbs, the HUGE difference is that:
      1. Cotto is a legit WW
      2. cotto is a world champion
      3. cotto is in his prime

Comment

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
        i say yes .........144-146 is acceptable......but roach is way over his head this time..............
        To fight who? Because I hate to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao at 142 and not Juan M. Marquez. That wouldn't be fair for Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by chinoy View Post
          Pacman holds the Ace so Cotto or Mosley should either agree to it or not.....

it is Roach's duty to protect his fighter and fight at the weight were it would be "fair" to both of them.

while it is true that Pac fought DLH at 147 lbs, the HUGE difference is that:
          1. Cotto is a legit WW
          2. cotto is a world champion
          3. cotto is in his prime
          4. Cotto would be healthy.

I understand why Freddie doesn't want a healthy fighter to fight Pac.

But how is fighting a fighter that is dying "fair"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
            I understand why Freddie doesn't want a healthy fighter to fight Pac.
            But how is fighting a fighter that is dying "fair"?
            Holy exaggeration, BL...

Is Cotto not indeed on record as being fine with a 145 catchweight?
            How does 1 lb south, to meet Roach's 142-144 (also on record),
            suddenly render Miguel "dying"?

h
            Last edited by horge; 05-07-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Just agree on 144 and make the fights happen! Considerin Pac is the natural smaller guy and the fighter with all the levarage it only makes sense that he is the one to call the shots against the true WW's!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
                i say yes .........144-146 is acceptable......but roach is way over his head this time..............
                Roach can demand whateva he wants, he calls the shots. If cotto/mosley/pbf don't like it they can fight each other instead of pickin on lil ole pac

Comment

• bump...bump....bump

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    As i said in the other thread. The further up in weight Manny goes, the more of a disadvantage he faces. Roach says 142, but he might squeeze in an allowance for 143 for a larger guy.

Roach is trying to protect Manny from Facing a guy that would be 160lbs+ on fight night. It is totally reasonable to look out for the best interest of his fighter.

There is no obligation for Manny to face Welterweights at this point, but they are willing to meet them part way.

I think what Roach is doing is eliminating the larger welters immediately. He is leaving the door open for Cotto, JMM and Mayweather though.

Cotto and Floyd should be able to make at least 143. I think he considers Mosley simply too big for Manny, which is kinda true.
                    Hatton went in at 152 on fight night according to HBO no? Cotto may walk in at 154-158 at most.

What's he scared of?

I can't respect this catch-weight draining fighters BS.

Comment

• manny would lose to guys like cotto or mosley so i can see why he did it

Comment

Working...
                      X