Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris John-Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo: Check out these rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris John-Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo: Check out these rounds!

John's punch variety is really awesome; how Piriyapinyo took all that punishment and kept banging it out is unreal. John took over and closed the show, but check the action in these rounds

Rd 7 @ 29:07

Rd 8 @ 33:00

Good ****.

Props for the video.

Comment

Charlatan

Comment

Big John fan I believe he is one of the best in the game. It's too bad that he never really got going in the US after his win over rocky juarez. I think I read somewhere that he makes way more money fighting in Indonesia than in the US on HBO. It sucks not seeing a terrific operator like him on US Television.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          Big John fan I believe he is one of the best in the game. It's too bad that he never really got going in the US after his win over rocky juarez. I think I read somewhere that he makes way more money fighting in Indonesia than in the US on HBO. It sucks not seeing a terrific operator like him on US Television.
          I think he was a bit worried after the Juarez draw about being jobbed again, I've seen him fight out in Indonesia when I was doing some work for a few months in Surabaya, Jakarta wasn't that far away so I caught him fighting against Yordan.

Excellent operator and his fight with JMM was a lot closer than people think (half the people didn't even bother watching the fight and the Ring, sweetscience, fightreport and sadd0b0xing all scored it for John though it was very close)

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            Watching him fight Piriyapinyo reminded me of Marquez a lot, which is probably why their fight was so damn awful.

And yes, John's manager has said before that the bull**** draw against Juarez changed his mind about making a serious run stateside, and I don't blame them. I'm sure the money would be better in America on a fight-by-fight basis, but if he gets his ass robbed in his first few fights over here then it doesn't make much sense business wise to come over.

Regardless, the man can ****ing fight.

Comment

this is why JMM never rematch chris motha****in john...

Comment

I was able to watch both the John fight and the Jordan fight. Man, both those guys are great fighters and it's a shame more people don't know about these fighters. Boxing has the potential to be many times greater if it just gave more exposure to great fighters who actually have something to offer. Instead, television networks invest in fighters who become divas before they have proven anything in the ring. Politics and a business first mindset are killing this sport. However, I am happy that there is still talent and heart in this sport even if its not being displayed on the big television networks.

Comment

Working...
                X