Tariffs increase cost of rebuilding after hurricane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    You mad bro?
    Super mad, posting these stupid articles like America's economy isn't growing the best that it has in 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Nope. The best thing about Trump's presidency is watching people betray their principles. They've lost all credibility. Especially the evangelicals. They can't say anything about morals and values towards any other candidate. And for that I am thankful of Trump.
      Right the evangelicals should've voted for the Abortion, Gay, and Secular supporting candidate because Trump sad some mean things. Do you even realize how stupid you sound when you write the stuff you write?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        Right the evangelicals should've voted for the Abortion, Gay, and Secular supporting candidate because Trump sad some mean things. Do you even realize how stupid you sound when you write the stuff you write?
        In the bible no sin is greater than another. Adultery and lying is just as bad as abortion and being gay. Right?.

Comment

These people are idiots. Before Trump they were free market capitalist. Tariffs was a bad word. But they've joined the Trump Cult. Everything they once claimed to believe they are now against. But that's the thing when you support Trump. You will end up betraying every principle you once claimed to have because Trump is a man without principles.
          For some maybe.

But In reality we should be buying common things like steel and lumber from America. Idk how much lumber there really is here though. It’s like black people buying from black owned stores, nothing wrong with that.

A lot of this stuff is things bill Clinton Set in motion. It wasn’t a good idea from the start.

And who in the fook buys countertops from china?

Comment

In the bible no sin is greater than another. Adultery and lying is just as bad as abortion and being gay. Right?.
            Where in the bible does it say one sin isn't greater than the other? In Numbers and Deuteronomy it didn't prescribe death for stealing, but it did for murder. So no you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              For some maybe.

But In reality we should be buying common things like steel and lumber from America. Idk how much lumber there really is here though. It’s like black people buying from black owned stores, nothing wrong with that.

A lot of this stuff is things bill Clinton Set in motion. It wasn’t a good idea from the start.

And who in the fook buys countertops from china?
              The costs rise faster than wages. We're seeing in real time how tariffs are driving up prices now. And the real trade war won't start until China implements retaliatory tariffs from the new tariffs Trump just implemented. China is also looking elsewhere and so are other countries. We've become an unreliable trade partner. Other countries aren't going to make their citizens suffer because Trump wants a trade war. They'll look elsewhere as they have been. And China is firmly rooted in Africa right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Where in the bible does it say one sin isn't greater than the other? In Numbers and Deuteronomy it didn't prescribe death for stealing, but it did for murder. So no you're wrong.
                Jesus said the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the holy spirit. So all other sins are forgivable and none is worse than the other.

Comment

The costs rise faster than wages. We're seeing in real time how tariffs are driving up prices now. And the real trade war won't start until China implements retaliatory tariffs from the new tariffs Trump just implemented. China is also looking elsewhere and so are other countries. We've become an unreliable trade partner. Other countries aren't going to make their citizens suffer because Trump wants a trade war. They'll look elsewhere as they have been. And China is firmly rooted in Africa right now.
                  All understandable. And I agree to an extent. My belief is that once the jobs and factories start coming back there will be more competition in America thus lowering prices. It might not ever get as cheap as China’s products, but so be it. Id imagine A lot of these products we buy are for rebuilding of other countries anyways. Granted, we went in and fooked them up to begin with.

Competition is good.

I guess I just don’t see it as a bad thing overall. No matter who brought it up, could have been Obama. I would still see it as a good thing.

That’s just me though.

Comment

Jesus said the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the holy spirit. So all other sins are forgivable and none is worse than the other.
                    That bolded part, He never said that. Using your own interpretation of the bible then it seems like Evangelicals are perfectly in their right to support Trump since all his sins will be forgiven.
                    Last edited by JimRaynor; 09-22-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      All understandable. And I agree to an extent. My belief is that once the jobs and factories start coming back there will be more competition in America thus lowering prices. It might not ever get as cheap as China’s products, but so be it. Id imagine A lot of these products we buy are for rebuilding of other countries anyways. Granted, we went in and fooked them up to begin with.

Competition is good.

I guess I just don’t see it as a bad thing overall. No matter who brought it up, could have been Obama. I would still see it as a good thing.

That’s just me though.
                      We've lost more jobs to automation than outsourcing. Those days of well paying factory jobs you can retire from are over. I'll give you an example. This isn't just anecdotal evidence because I'm using a personal story. My uncle retired from GM Truck and Bus on a disability after 22 years with the plant. He had to have 2 shoulder replacements and a hip replacement. His job for 5 years before he retired was woking in the pit putting mufflers on the full size pick ups. So you can see why his shoulders and hip went out. When he retired they didn't move anyone else to his job. A robot is now doing that job.

The problem in America is we're looking behind. Those days are gone and aren't coming back. The first thing we need to do is revamp the education system. They're teaching everyone as if they'll be attending college. That was ok when a person who wasn't college material could get a job at the factory and make enough to live comfortably. We need to invest in technology and technological hands on jobs like programming and repairing the robots that are taking the factory jobs

Comment

Working...
                      X