Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to pay for Mayweather Vs McGregor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F.uck yeah

I'm buying a ticket to the carnival Aug 26th

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Nope. It's where Arturo Gatti beat the snot out of a helpless white boy.

And again, I'll see it - LONG AFTER it's a thing, LONG AFTER they're done talking about it, LONG AFTER the excuses (which probably won't ever stop).

I remember this. Gatti was mean as chit to that poor guy. Normally the pro boxers just toy with them a little bit and let the guy get winded. Roy Jones was on one of these and was nice to the guy, I think the guy couldnt last however many rounds it was because he got winded with missing everything and Jones tapping him here and there.

Unless the guy talked chit about gatti's kids or something, that wasnt cool by Gatti in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Ninety percent of the people who claim they won't pay for it are lying.
        Idk about all that. I see no reason to think people are lying & for sure THAT many people (90%) aren't. This fight is gonna do insane numbers cuz of people who don't even watch combat sports is the thing most people here don't even grasp.

There's probably 300k-500k boxing fans in the US who will buy a PPV. The rest of us are streaming, watching it at some local establishment or chipping in or not at some friends house to watch the fight.

From that core number of boxing fans who actually buy PPV's the appeal of a fight branches out to the casual boxing fans, then to the sports fans & finally to the non-sports fans which equate into the most buyers of a PPV like this. Probably 80%+ of the people who will buy this PPV have only bought 1 or 2 PPV's max in their life & it was probably one of 4 or so huge fights of the recent past that are top 10 all time PPV's.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Nope. It's where Arturo Gatti beat the snot out of a helpless white boy.
          I remember that now.

Although wtf at putting it in auto-play mode.

And again, I'll see it - LONG AFTER it's a thing, LONG AFTER they're done talking about it, LONG AFTER the excuses (which probably won't ever stop).
          Annnnd who's arguing with you? Fair play if you or anyone else wanna watch the fight the day of, the day after or 6 years later. I got no beef with that. Been saying watch or don't from my first post here I believe. Its a zero f#cks to give game to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I remember that now.

Although wtf at putting it in auto-play mode.
            Blame Spike.

Although the Disable HTML5 Autoplay plugin shields me from that, so I didn't know what you were talking about at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
              I have no issue going on record saying I'm going to stream this comedy, but how many are actually paying for it?

In all honesty I don't know anything about Floyd's alleged financial issues, but it seems this is just a cash grab to rinse the supporters who have already given him a good life.

I just don't see the monetary value for a fight with a "49-0 Vs 0-0" bottom line. But that's just me!

If you are buying this fight, what are your reasons? please be honest
              There is absolutely no way I would ever pay for this atrocity and I question anyone who would pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                You won't pay for it yourself, but you will sponge off a friend who is paying for it. That says a lot about your character.
                stfu little boy.

Comment

Working...
                X