No announcement yet.

Boxing Medical Examination Help and advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Medical Examination Help and advice

ok i know some of you here will of had a boxing medical exam.

i was just told by my trainer that im ready for my medical to fight and i was really happy but now ive just found out that in the uk you cant wear cntact lenses which i need but they dont affect me so its anoyying, i really want to box, should i lie to the medical examaner and say i dont wear them and then try to pass the test or should i tell the truth even though im 95% sure i wont be able to box,
    p.s they also check your eyes with a light or somting ive heard so he/she may be able to see them in my eyes so im owrried.
    i need some advice.

aslo what other mediacl tests do you take, for anyone who has had them done, thanx

i have not had one yet, im having one soon. they have to check your balls, and you have to stand on one leg to test your balance. Do not lie! If you are not allowed to box there is a good reason so dont lie mate.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
      i have not had one yet, im having one soon. they have to check your balls, and you have to stand on one leg to test your balance. Do not lie! If you are not allowed to box there is a good reason so dont lie mate.
      Check your balls and stand on one leg?

You're joking right?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
        Check your balls and stand on one leg?

You're joking right?

NO

Three people i know have had them, one of them only had theres like last week and they say you have to take a piss sample down with you. They make you stand on one leg to check your balance, cup your balls and make you cough and some other stuff!

I am having one sson, i aint looking forward to the cupping of the balls bit lol!

Comment

/

but if i dont lie, then i know i cant box, and its all i really want in my life , to go as far as i can in boxing, i want my dad to see me box in my first fight and want some amature fights. if i dont lie its a 100% no. i hate this i need advice,

btw i can box abslitley fine with contacts int ey diont affect me at all

Comment

Unless you've got tunnel vision I don't see why you can't fight without your contacts in. Lots of fighters wear glasses outside the ring, I know Ricky Hatton and Bernard Hopkins do.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
              NO

Three people i know have had them, one of them only had theres like last week and they say you have to take a piss sample down with you. They make you stand on one leg to check your balance, cup your balls and make you cough and some other stuff!

I am having one sson, i aint looking forward to the cupping of the balls bit lol!

No one checked my nutsack during my medical or any of the other fighters at my club! Or stand on one leg either!

They check your piss and ask you a few general health questions, check your eyesight, weight and height and that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                No one checked my nutsack during my medical or any of the other fighters at my club! Or stand on one leg either!

They check your piss and ask you a few general health questions, check your eyesight, weight and height and that's it!
                LOL thats not how the guy that does our gyms medicals does it!

Comment

Originally posted by mr tricky View Post
                  ok i know some of you here will of had a boxing medical exam.

i was just told by my trainer that im ready for my medical to fight and i was really happy but now ive just found out that in the uk you cant wear cntact lenses which i need but they dont affect me so its anoyying, i really want to box, should i lie to the medical examaner and say i dont wear them and then try to pass the test or should i tell the truth even though im 95% sure i wont be able to box,
                  p.s they also check your eyes with a light or somting ive heard so he/she may be able to see them in my eyes so im owrried.
                  i need some advice.

aslo what other mediacl tests do you take, for anyone who has had them done, thanx
                  start training without your contacts in, man. i'm in the exact same position as you. just get used to not wearing them when you train. you'll be surprised how quickly your body will adjust.

Comment

/

i cant man,..i wudnt be able to even find my way to the gym lol, my eyes seem to have gotten worse, anyway yeah ur right i probly shud try sparring withoput them in but, still then i cant pass my medical because i will feail the eye exam, i wont be able to the the board and read the letters or do whatever you have to do, im in a louse/louse sitiation unless i lie and hope for some reason she desent see them in my eye when she eamines my eyes

Comment

Working...
                    X