No announcement yet.

Suana Suits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suana Suits

For those of you who know what these are, I've been using suana suits while I train and I like them cause I sweat unbelievably. THe problem with my gym is that even though theres a little heat, I have trouble sweating when it's cold out even with a sweatshirt. One of the trainers in my gym however pointed out that suana suits are no good, their dangerous. Anyone know about this??

unless you are cutting for a weigh in you risk dehydration, exhaustion, and heat stroke if it is hot.

They are not healthy, more of a weight cutting tool.

Comment

Originally posted by nedcmk1 View Post
      unless you are cutting for a weigh in you risk dehydration, exhaustion, and heat stroke if it is hot.

They are not healthy, more of a weight cutting tool.
      Damn. So then how do you sweat properly in the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Damn. So then how do you sweat properly in the cold?

why do you need to "sweat properly," and what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
          why do you need to "sweat properly," and what does that mean?
          I guess I mean naturally, instead of profusely aided by the suit. I dont have a fight commin up anytime soon, right now I just wanna lose a few pounds. I guess Im asking is it necessary to sweat that much, and could it be dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I guess I mean naturally, instead of profusely aided by the suit. I dont have a fight commin up anytime soon, right now I just wanna lose a few pounds. I guess Im asking is it necessary to sweat that much, and could it be dangerous?
            Losing weight over the longer term is not about sweating. Sweating, you lose waterweight, here and now, but you have to realize that weight comes right back on when you drink fluids. And you need to drink fluids.

The way to lose weight in the long term, is quite simply to spend more calories than you eat. So it's a combination of how much you eat versus how much you train. The sweating really has nothing to do with that.

Comment

Working...
            X