No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute: The Loss To Froch Will Make Me a Better Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute: The Loss To Froch Will Make Me a Better Fighter

Former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (30-1, 24 KOs) is hungry to get back to the top. On November 3rd at the Bell Centre he faces light heavyweight Denis Grachev (12-0-1, 8KOs) at the catch-weight of 170-pounds.

On May 26th, Bute was beaten badly over five rounds by Nottingham boxer Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs). They have already agreed to have a rematch in the first half of 2013.

Against Grachev, Bute promised to return to the basics.

[Click Here To Read More]

No it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      No it won't.
      I think it does. Bute definitely has a lot of skill. He has a good punch and is very fluent. I predict he comes back to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
        I think it does. Bute definitely has a lot of skill. He has a good punch and is very fluent. I predict he comes back to the top.

No he don't, never has. Can't fight on the inside, doesn't use his right, can't box either, he's a mid range counter puncher, he's like a poor man's Rigondeaux, like an extremely poor version of Rigo.

Comment

I hope it does. I have more respect for Bute than Ward. Sure he got knocked out but at least he had the balls to go to another man's country and fight him there unlike someone who just stays in his own. He could of made more money fighting whoever but took the challenge in going there. People were just waiting for Bute to lose so they can hype Ward up more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            I hope it does. I have more respect for Bute than Ward. Sure he got knocked out but at least he had the balls to go to another man's country and fight him there unlike someone who just stays in his own. He could of made more money fighting whoever but took the challenge in going there. People were just waiting for Bute to lose so they can hype Ward up more.
            Agree.

To me he's a lot better and more legit than guys like Chad Dawson or James Kirkland. Those guys can look bad against lower competition and still get praised.

Dawson lost to Carl Froch's left overs. Horrible to watch. Not dominant at all.

Kirkland got KOed by some Jap in the first round.

Bute fights a legitimate opponent, in his hometown and loses and he gets cast off.

Comment

I agree with the criticisms, but I still keep the faith. The loss, while embarrassing, is still one that I believe can be learned from.

Bute seems capable of this. If his chin can avoid or withstand the early onslaught, I think he can make the needed adjustments to gain the advantage in the rematch.

Comment

Good luck Bute but I think you should have fought other top 168lb contenders, if Froch beats you again he could end your career.

Comment

Froch ruined this guy

Comment

let s hope so, the guy that smashed ismail is no joke either.

Comment

Working...
                    X