Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: KSI vs. Logan Paul Did More Than Joshua-Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Eh?

KSI vs Paul was promoted by Matchroom Boxing ... aka, Eddie Hearn's promotional company.
    Yes I knew that , but isn’t he indirectly dissing himself
    Don’t understand why he would be saying this show did better than the Ruiz-AJ
    Imo , he isn’t making himself look any better by saying chit

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Yes I knew that , but isn’t he indirectly dissing himself
      Don’t understand why he would be saying this show did better than the Ruiz-AJ
      Imo , he isn’t making himself look any better by saying chit
      I would have thought it was common sense that it would do more buys. They've got far bigger followings.

I'm finding it quite amusing listening to haters and rival promoters slamming the fight. They're all completely shameless when it comes to matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        I would have thought it was common sense that it would do more buys. They've got far bigger followings.

I'm finding it quite amusing listening to haters and rival promoters slamming the fight. They're all completely shameless when it comes to matchmaking.

Promoters have no shame whatsoever
        But my point is he’s elevating this against his own work
        Just makes no fughin sense in my head
        Come out say it did well and that’s it
        Would understand if he compared it to another promoters show but not his own

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Promoters have no shame whatsoever
          But my point is he’s elevating this against his own work
          Just makes no fughin sense in my head
          Come out say it did well and that’s it
          Would understand if he compared it to another promoters show but not his own
          I think doing it against his own work gives his point credibility.

He's pointing out that this has appeal when done correctly. If he compared it to a Warren or Arum show then people would see it as a dig at them rather than listening to the point he's making.

Meanwhile you've got Frank Warren who would criticise Eddie Hearn regardless of what he did. If Hearn cured cancer you'd get Warren on camera complaining about it. He has no credibility - everything is agenda driven.

Let's be honest, promoters aren't trying to give us credible fights. Their either chasing numbers, or building someone to chase numbers in the future.

The difference with Eddie, is that he's pretty honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
            That’s not Hearn, that’s that young kat “Markowski” or something. I actually think it was brilliant. Better than Haymon’s Plant vs Subway Sandwich Lee
            Boxingscene official Eddie Hearn cheerleader

Comment

Originally posted by umop-ap!sdn View Post
              Bahaha right? Eddie should learn from these social media guys how to promote. To be real, they were regular joes who promoted themselves to become "stars" on YouTube and social media etc. But thats also why i dont mind Hearn exploiting them for the sake of his and DAZN pockets because it ultimately openes more eyes to the sport of boxing. Most wont become fans but there are the group that will take it up as a nee found love.

Agreed. It served its purpose and doesnt need to be watched by the die hards. Just needed the casuals to live in our world for a night and hope some of them become fans.

I think its pretty remarkable. For instance, if the shoe was on the other foot and a famous boxer entered a videogame tournament and made it to the finals agains KSI and they had a big PPV streaming event for it, I wouldn't order it to see that as a boxing fan. The fact that their fans followed and purchased a boxing PPV event does speak positively about the crave for raw combat. These guys are popular for video games, music, memes and social media related stuff, not boxing. So the fact that they can sell more buys of a boxing event than some of the sports biggest names deserves a little credit, even though the price of the PPV was less than a typical boxing one. Im sure that helped.

Ha yupp he deff did. I just hope even 1% of those guys fans enjoyed the fights and continue to watch and help further cross promote boxing to other genres and audiences.
              Hard to enjoy the fights with Haney or Saunders because they were both fighting tomato cans

Comment

I feel like Matchroom and GBP have done DAZN a huge disservice and hardly lifted a finger to promote any fights on DAZN.

I don't see any advertisements casually. Like commercials while the old lady is watching bull**** reality TV, on the radio, nothing that isn't already watching me with bots and knows I like boxing, like YT, sure, I see adverts for DAZN on YT but that's just preaching to the choir.

And the weird thing is I used to. When Joshua was fighting in England there was more buzz in America about it than when he fought here. Makes no ****in' sense but it's true.

Same for Canelo, he used to be all over the damn place leading up to a fight, now, only online. Just marginally better than explicitly searching for it.

There's not going to be much casual following if they don't tell the casuals in the first place. Horrid promoting recently. IDGAF how well Canelo's done, he's still being promoted like ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                  Boxingscene official Eddie Hearn cheerleader
                  Subway sandwiches doe

Comment

Billie Eilish draws bigger crowds than Sia.
                    Comic book movies rake in billions, while a movie like The Usual Suspect make less than 50 mil.

What does it all mean

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                      Subway sandwiches doe
                      All of Haney's fights on Dazn have been Subway sandwiches thus far

Comment

Working...
                      X