No announcement yet.

Sad truth about opioid epidemic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by todisday View Post
    Exactly, man. From drugs, religion, greed, to even women, people are just looking for distractions from reality. Reality is when you're sitting there lonely and without purpose, yet knowing that people are no good. Everyone runs away from that. Living is like a waiting room at a doctor's office; people don't want that feeling.
    I really disagree.

People always questions the meaning of life. It’s the most difficult question in the world to answer apparently but it’s absolutely not - the meaning of life is to be happy. You are clearly not happy and are just thinking the worst

Living is not sitting in a doctors room. You need to change your mentality. Living is about seeing the world, it’s a big beautiful place, meeting amazing people and making memories with love ones that will last forever.

You’re stuck right now. Get out and do something about it

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
      Well yeah and it's good that it's heading that way.

I guess a similar thing happened with barbiturates and benzos a few decades ago.

Once all the dangers were publicly known things changed.
      Watch heroin E on Netflix. Now that they can't get pills they've turned to heroin. Watched it last night, pretty eye opening.

The main issue is if people want to get high they find a way no matter what. Now they're on to harder chit and ODing left and right.

Comment

damn I knew this was a white peopel problem but damn, i looked up the numbers

since 2010
        deaths whites = 198,090

deaths blacks = 21,299

Deaths Hispanic = 18,669

thats a 89% increase from the next demographic the blacks.

source: https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

Comment

I wish they would hurry up and OD

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
            Well yeah and it's good that it's heading that way.

I guess a similar thing happened with barbiturates and benzos a few decades ago.

Once all the dangers were publicly known things changed.

Its hard now though for people that really need them. DEA hassles law abiding doctors and tells them theyre prescribing too much. A lot of doctors switched to different areas from pain management because they didnt want to deal with it anymore.

Comment

https://www.edmondsun.com/news/new-o...506e04ec5.html

https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/c...cribing-debate

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                I really disagree.

People always questions the meaning of life. It’s the most difficult question in the world to answer apparently but it’s absolutely not - the meaning of life is to be happy. You are clearly not happy and are just thinking the worst

Living is not sitting in a doctors room. You need to change your mentality. Living is about seeing the world, it’s a big beautiful place, meeting amazing people and making memories with love ones that will last forever.

You’re stuck right now. Get out and do something about it

Comment

toxic substances to the body will only lead to one thing bad effects to the body and addictions destroying and rotting the body from the inside out not to mention the mind as well...for many years heroin was supposed to be the worst of the worst but then came fentanyl and even a substance called krokodil into the picture and they changed the game.

Comment

Once I hit 70 I'm becoming a full on druggie.

Comment

Maybe to a degree because the middle class is more likely to abuse any legal drug vs any illegal drug (something for you anti-"war on drugs" people to consider when envisioning the future of your country).

However we've also just normalized overprescription due to a slow creep in medical/pharmaceutical practices. The objective shifted from healing for able-bodiedness (if you weren't, you couldn't work) to instantly relieving symptoms. A great deal of opiates are prescribed for the interim period between diagnosis & surgery and the patients tend to deliberately delay those surgeries. This is when addiction happens.

The antibiotic epidemic is terrible as well. Fluoroquinolones were developed as a last-resort to prevent amputations. They're routinely prescribed for UTIs now. Despite having very high frequencies of very severe/permanent side effects, the situation has been so skillfully downplayed by the pharmaceutical industry that millions of people are living with lifelong neuropathy/depression/tendonitis but unaware that the medication caused it.
                      Last edited by ////; 02-11-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X