Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is you favorite event from the UFC and Pride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is you favorite event from the UFC and Pride?

Not just one fight but the overall event.

UFC, probably 57, Pride the 2000 one with the Grand Prix tournament where Sakuraba fought Royce Gracie for 90 minutes, came out with a mask, like from his pro wrestling days and proved once and for all that catch and submission wrestling had a place in MMA, alongside Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Sak ended up beating 4 Gracies, until he finally lost unanimous decisions to Royce and Ralek.

Comment

Pride 10 Return of the Warriors
      Any of the Pride GP or Shockwave cards

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        UFC, probably 57, Pride the 2000 one with the Grand Prix tournament where Sakuraba fought Royce Gracie for 90 minutes, came out with a mask, like from his pro wrestling days and proved once and for all that catch and submission wrestling had a place in MMA, alongside Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Sak ended up beating 4 Gracies, until he finally lost unanimous decisions to Royce and Ralek.
        Most people don't even count that Royce loss because Royce was on the juice and against Ralek because he was so ****ing shot. Sakuraba took a lot of fights which he had no business being in but Takada had him on a very dodgy deal, Sakuraba was a warrior and PRIDE loved those mismatches and Open weight tournaments.

Sakuraba is the man. PRIDE 33, Bushido 9 and Pride Final Conflict 2003

Comment

A lot of Pride events were amazing, Pride was my favorite, i liked more the ring, the fights were bad ass

UFC 100 was bad ass, when Dan Hendo ko of Bisping n Lesnar beating the crap out of Mir lol

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            Most people don't even count that Royce loss because Royce was on the juice and against Ralek because he was so ****ing shot. Sakuraba took a lot of fights which he had no business being in but Takada had him on a very dodgy deal, Sakuraba was a warrior and PRIDE loved those mismatches and Open weight tournaments.

Sakuraba is the man. PRIDE 33, Bushido 9 and Pride Final Conflict 2003
            They might not, but it still counts on his record. And yeah, Sakuraba was a warrior, probably all time top 5 great. Top 10 at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              A lot of Pride events were amazing, Pride was my favorite, i liked more the ring, the fights were bad ass

UFC 100 was bad ass, when Dan Hendo ko of Bisping n Lesnar beating the crap out of Mir lol
              Same here. I bought most Pride events on DVD. Never paid for a UFC.

Comment

Working...
              X